Anyone ever use Invisalign?

snakedoctor

Established Member
My wife is a dental assistant and she says they are not as good as the old fashioned braces. I need to go in and check on something though. I had braces about 10 years ago and wasn't told that I needed to wear my retainer after I took them off and my teeth have shifted.

Zemedici

Established Member
My wife is a dental assistant and she says they are not as good as the old fashioned braces. I need to go in and check on something though. I had braces about 10 years ago and wasn't told that I needed to wear my retainer after I took them off and my teeth have shifted.

That orthodontist was an idiot. You always need to wear your retainer. Perhaps not every night but occasionally to keep your teeth from shifting

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Braces behind the front top teeth and on the front of the bottom teeth were about $1800 more. The braces behind are custom made, that's why thet are so expensive. I'm 42 BTW, I really feel I would look like a goof with a full set of top and bottom braces, so I didn't even price them.

I'm also 42 and I just got braces last month. Full top and bottom, old school braces. Took a couple of weeks to get used to them but now they don't bother me. I go back next month for my first wire change, yay...

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
Being a dentist myself, and having experience with orthodontics as well, I can suggest you just go with the traditional "old" braces. Invisalign should only be used for less sever cases where there is just some minor misalignment issues.

As a side note, wear your retainers! There is no use in spending money on ortho work if you are not going to wear your retainer. If you don't think that you will remember to wear it, get the permanent one.

Users who are viewing this thread