Anyone ever use an aftermarket IAC?

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Has anyone ever used one? If so, what brand and did it work okay. I have already tried to clean out the existing IAC and am still having an idle problem. I don't know necessarily if it is the problem and don't want to shell out money that the local Ford place is asking for the motorcraft one. Thanks for any info.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Yeah, I saw that and may give them a try. I just wanted to see if the $35.00 at autozone would work. I didn't want to put much into it just in case it is not the problem.

Try rock auto.com. I think they have the motorcraft ones for like 80 bucks.

03mgtermi

Established Member
the autozone one will work fine for diagnostic purposes. swap it out and if it fixes the problem or causes a change, then you know it was the IAC and can order the motorcraft one and return the autozone one. If nothing happens, put the original one back in and return the autozone one. tell them it didn't fit right.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
That's a good idea. I thought about that but didn't know if autozone would take it back or not. I may give it a shot. Thanks.

the autozone one will work fine for diagnostic purposes. swap it out and if it fixes the problem or causes a change, then you know it was the IAC and can order the motorcraft one and return the autozone one. If nothing happens, put the original one back in and return the autozone one. tell them it didn't fit right.

racebronco2

Established Member
Before you start buying parts you need to find what the problem is first. If the idle is high try unplugging the connector, if the idle goes to normal it's probably the ecu is commanding the iac to open up. On my car it was because the tps was set too high.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Gotcha. The idle did not go to normal when we unplugged it. We did check the voltage on the TPS and everything was fine from that aspect.

Before you start buying parts you need to find what the problem is first. If the idle is high try unplugging the connector, if the idle goes to normal it's probably the ecu is commanding the iac to open up. On my car it was because the tps was set too high.

racebronco2

Established Member
Gotcha. The idle did not go to normal when we unplugged it. We did check the voltage on the TPS and everything was fine from that aspect.

My tuner set the tps by back probing the tps sensor and a good ground. My areoforce shows it at jumping around from about .76 to .90 volts. He not sure why it's so different.

Users who are viewing this thread