Anyone ever heard of a ZO6R?

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
I was coming home from the movies yesterday and saw a red ZO6 in my rearview. When it came closer I noticed it was a ZO6, but it had a Linginfelter
decal across the windshield and badging that said ZO6 R.
I looked on there website and didnt see anything about the ZO6 R, but the three options were in the 600 hp range to 800 hp range. Pretty stout...
Oh and we stopped at a light and the thing definitely had a cam in it,
I dont think it was supper aggrerssive ( cam wise) but it sounded good.
To bad I dont have something to compete with that, but not many people do.

On a side note...
There must have been something in the water yesterday, cuz I saw two vipers in town, a Lambo Gallardo, A Lotus Elise, the ZO6R, and this was way before the car show they have on Saturdays.
Nuts!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
iv'e seen a few C5Rs and C6R...rippin up the field in ALMS. but never have i heard of a street version

Last edited:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
C6R is the race car. I think some one just got a little sticker happy. The only person I would trust my LS7 with is Katech they build all the motors for the C5R, CTSV, and C6R race teams.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
C6R is the race car. I think some one just got a little sticker happy. The only person I would trust my LS7 with is Katech they build all the motors for the C5R, CTSV, and C6R race teams.

That's what I was thinking. The C5R was the race car so I would assume the same for the C6. Katech is a great place to go but you have to give Lingenfelter some credit too. They've been doing a great job on these vettes for a while now.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Ok, thanks for the input guys.
I thought that may be the case. It was pretty much stock C6 Zo6 looking. Just had the Linginfelter sticker and badging.
It did sound quite nice.
There are a few of the 06 Zo6's that are driven around town daily.
Sure would be nice to have that as a daily driver. Makes you wonder what there weekend warrior is.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I used to live in Webster. I still work at Ellington Field, so on saturdays I go to the car show there in Kemah. As long as the weather stays like it has been, you will see those kind of cars all over that area on the weekends.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Could it be someone trying to transfer some of the race version Z06-R features to their street Vette? We've seen it done with Mustangs. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread