Anyone ever gotten their wheels rechromed/redone before...if so, come on in!

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Jomo...

Do they do wheel repair as well......What are you going to do if it arrives damaged and they cant do the re chroming......that is what I am afraid of.......
I shipped out expensive RH wheels for my Carrera that I sold that were not made anymore and 1 of them got bent before the new owner took posession...We got it fixed but it was never going to be 100%....

These courier's have not been to gentle lately......(I used to be a warehouse manager)

Also...I only saw a brief sample of Metro Wheels work......It is/was an option that I saw possibly......Thanks for the heads up about them......They did do a nice job on my Carrera wheels though......

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Jomo...

Do they do wheel repair as well......What are you going to do if it arrives damaged and they cant do the re chroming......that is what I am afraid of.......
I shipped out expensive RH wheels for my Carrera that I sold that were not made anymore and 1 of them got bent before the new owner took posession...We got it fixed but it was never going to be 100%....

These courier's have not been to gentle lately......(I used to be a warehouse manager)

Also...I only saw a brief sample of Metro Wheels work......It is/was an option that I saw possibly......Thanks for the heads up about them......They did do a nice job on my Carrera wheels though......

They do minor sanding they told me and they'll know if the damage will affect the final PVD finish. The final finish has an acrylic clear coat so I should be able to just wax the wheels like paint.
1 of my wheels has some pretty extensive curb rash and they said they just take the wheel locally as they are in LA County and they will fix it for $45-80 wheel if its needed. I definitely stressed I want it done right.
Regarding the shipping, I have insurance totally $1200 for the wheels but I hear ya. If they get damaged, I'm pretty screwed :fm:
Let's hope that this is not the case.

Overall, this is an expensive process. WTH doesn't BBS make these wheels anymore? These wheels are typically a premium especially the 18X10 rears, so it sucks having to pay like new price plus refinishing just to have these wheels. It will be worth it though!

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Jomo...

Did you hear about the status of your wheels yet? Did they send you any pictures of what they have accomplished?

Very curious about the workmanship........Keep us posted....

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Jomo...

Did you hear about the status of your wheels yet? Did they send you any pictures of what they have accomplished?

Very curious about the workmanship........Keep us posted....

Wheels just finished. They will ship them in a week. Will post pics. They said they came out great. We will see!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys,
Got the wheels back...THey look great the only issue is that one has a chip on the lughole which definitely did not happen in shipping. Trying to get stuff sorted out with the company. Will keep update.
I have been insanely busy with school!
They look good though.
I will try to post pics very soon as I don't even have a working camera right now.

Users who are viewing this thread