anyone else think this is unfair??????

roadwarrior60

Established Member
so im looking at getting rid of the cobra :( long story. so anyways, i have an uncle that works for a ford dealership and hope i can get a good deal from him. welli found a few trucks that i liked so i gave him a call to see what we could do. so he calls me back and tells me that with his employee discount he could only save me $500 on a USED 2005 f-150(went from $286xx to $281xx). so im not happy with that, but then it gets worse....... i ask him what he can get me for mt trade. its a 2001 cobra with 37xxx miles, pretty good condition except for one dent on drivers side rear quarter panel(thanks to moms crappy "parking") and he says he can only give me $14000 for it. :nonono: :nonono: so is it just me, or is that a little low?? i mean its a fairly low milage semi rare sports car. shouldn't i be able to get more out of it?? maybe its just me not wanting to get rid of my car, but it just seems rediculous(sp?) what do you guys think??

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
14K sounds about right. Remember, it's nearly 5 years old now. Edmunds, KBB, NADA, etc. puts your trade-in right around 14.

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
offer them for an extra 1 or 2 thousand. They are always looking for Cobras because dealerships know that they can sell them off really fast for a good profit.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Yeah, $14k sounds about right. We've all been moaning about this resale/trade-in value thing in the New Edge section for a while! We took a real hit when Terminators became so popular and it's expected we will again when the Shelby/GT500/'05 Cobra ( or whatever the hell they're calling it this week ) shows up next year. Keep in mind though that the '99/'01 Cobras are among some of the lowest production numbers so their value might actually take a bounce in another five years or so if you can manage to hold on to yours.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Sounds like a fair price to me especially with the dent. All this "Family Plan" bs is killing the used car market. I lost my ass on my Escalade. It was an 02 and I bought it in January for 32,500, put 15 thousand miles on it and got 23,500 at trade in. I thought when you bought a used car you weren't supposed to loose so much but I guess I was wrong. I lost 800 bucks on my Mach 1 and 1,000 on my Powerstroke after subtracting the cost of mods.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
I think 14k is a bit low except for the dent.5 months ago I got 21,600 on trade for my 01 cobra conv. with 32k on it.You might do better dealing with someone elses uncle.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Snake Pliskin said:
I think 14k is a bit low except for the dent.5 months ago I got 21,600 on trade for my 01 cobra conv. with 32k on it.You might do better dealing with someone elses uncle.

Ehh, vert probably would bring a higher premium especially in a sunshine state like SC. Of course, shoppin' around can't hurt.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
$28,000 could buy you a NEW F150, lol.

Go somewhere else with your car. Don't feel obligated to sell to your uncle's place.

Disclaimer: This window sticker is only representative of the information contained on an actual window sticker, and may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. Please see your dealer for further information.

Vehicle Description VIN 1FTPW14505K E53278
F-150
2005 F150 4X4 CREW
5.4L EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 4-SPD AUTO O/D
Exterior
TRUE BLUE CLEARCOAT
Interior
BLACK SPRT LTHR TRIMMED CPT CHAIRS

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. AUTOLAMP-AUTO ON/OFF HDLMP
. FR TOW HOOKS/FOG LAMPS
. GREY WHEEL LIP MOLDINGS
. LOCKING REMOVABLE TAILGATE W/ LIFT ASSIST
. 17" MACHINED ALUMINUM WHLS
. P255/70R17 OWL A/T TIRES
. SPARE TIRE & WHEEL LOCK
INTERIOR
. AIR CONDITIONING
. AM/FM STEREO W/SINGLE CD
. COLOR COORDINATED CARPET W/ RUBBER FLOOR MATS
. DOME LAMP/DUAL MAP LIGHTS
. LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHL
. SPEED CONTROL/ TILT WHEEL
. SPORT CLOTH 40/20/40 SEAT
. TACHOMETER
FUNCTIONAL
. 130 AMP ALTERNATOR
. 4 PIN TRAILER WIRING
. 30 GALLON FUEL TANK
. CARGO BOX TIE DOWN HOOKS
. ELECT SHIFT-ON-FLY 4X4 SYS
. LIMITED SLIP AXLE
. MAINT FREE BATTERY W/SAVER
. OFF-ROAD SHCKS&SKID PLATES
. POWER RACK PINION STEERING
. POWER WNDOWS/LOCKS/MIRRORS
. 2ND ROW POWER WINDOWS
. STABILIZER BAR, FRONT
SAFETY/SECURITY
. ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
. 4-WHEEL DISC BRAKES W/ABS
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. KEYLESS ENTRY KEYPAD
. SECURILOCK
WARRANTY
. 36 / 36 BUMPER TO BUMPER

Price Information MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $35,625
Optional Equipment
2005 MODEL YEAR
TRUE BLUE CLEARCOAT
BLACK INTERIOR W/FLINT SEATS
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.505A
.FX4 SERIES
5.4L EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 4-SPD AUTO O/D
3.73 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE 50
7200# GVWR PACKAGE
JOB #2 ORDER
POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS 120
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE 350
PREMIUM 6-CD W/MP3 300
DELUXE MIRROR PACKAGE 165
.POWER HEATED SIGNAL MIRRORS
.ELEC REAR VIEW MIRROR
SPRT LTHR TRIMMED CPT CHAIRS 1,250
PWR DRIVER SEAT 285
DVD PREP PACKAGE 30
EMPLOYEE PRICE $32,544.00
CASH BACK ($3,000.00)
_________
FORD FAMILY PRICE $29,544.00
Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

Estimated Annual Fuel Cost: $1,688
CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG
18 Vehicle Engine Information
2005 F150 SUPER CREW 4X4 5.4 LITER ENGINE(F.F.S.), 8 CYLINDERS, FUEL INJECTION, CATALYST, 4-SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION.
Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 11 and 17 mpg in the city and between 15 and 21 mpg on the highway.
For Comparison Shopping all vehicles classified as STANDARD PICKUP have been issued mileage ratings from 09 to 24 mpg city and 12 to 29 mpg highway.

Ford Extended Service Plan is the ONLY service contract backed by Ford and honored by over 5,100 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealers. Ask your dealer for prices and additional details or see our website at www.Ford-ESP.com

roadwarrior60

Established Member
philip said:
14 sounds about right. plus its not in perfect condition. i know i wouldnt want to buy a used cobra with a dent in it

he has no idea what the car even looks like. he saw it like once or twice over a year ago. all he asked me was year, miles, and options. therefore the dent is not affecting the price :poke:

roadwarrior60

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Yeah, $14k sounds about right. We've all been moaning about this resale/trade-in value thing in the New Edge section for a while! We took a real hit when Terminators became so popular and it's expected we will again when the Shelby/GT500/'05 Cobra ( or whatever the hell they're calling it this week ) shows up next year. Keep in mind though that the '99/'01 Cobras are among some of the lowest production numbers so their value might actually take a bounce in another five years or so if you can manage to hold on to yours.

yeah i have seen some of the stuff posted over there. and im trying to get rid of soon, so 5 years is toooo far away. need something with more room and better insurance. and i need it soon :(

roadwarrior60

Established Member
Scoriox said:
$28,000 could buy you a NEW F150, lol.

Go somewhere else with your car. Don't feel obligated to sell to your uncle's place.

its an 05 with like 10k miles, but its got a 6 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 18 inch chromes, leather (lariat package), etc. so 28k isn't too bad :thumbsup:

and i think what i might do is go to the dealership and talk to someone else there and see what they can do for me. the truck itself is not at the dealership my uncle works at. its at one of the "sister" dealerships on the other side of town. and can i still use the "d" plan or ,whatever it is, on a used car.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Your talking about a trade in, you never get anything for a trade in. You maybe better off selling the car yourself and then buying the truck.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
mjzilinski said:
Your talking about a trade in, you never get anything for a trade in. You maybe better off selling the car yourself and then buying the truck.

yeah i have been thinking about that too. probably gonna put at ad in the auto trader next week. but i am too impatiant, when i want something i will find a way to get it. and this truck thing is killing me cause i have already seen 4 trucks get sold cause i didn't jump on them when i needed to.

bp03svt

Established Member
Yeah, dealerships will rip you off big time anytime you trade something in. Do you owe anything on your Cobra? If not, only having to give $14,000 for the F150 isn't bad at all.

I hear you about not wanting to wait when you want something, I'm the same way LOL. I've done some pretty dumb shit trading cars/trucks in at car lots. It's just like you said though, if you wait too long the truck will be gone. I say f@#k it, go get that mofo.

roadwarrior60

Established Member
bp03svt said:
Yeah, dealerships will rip you off big time anytime you trade something in. Do you owe anything on your Cobra? If not, only having to give $14,000 for the F150 isn't bad at all.

I hear you about not wanting to wait when you want something, I'm the same way LOL. I've done some pretty dumb shit trading cars/trucks in at car lots. It's just like you said though, if you wait too long the truck will be gone. I say f@#k it, go get that mofo.

yeah i wish it was totally paid off :cryying: i have only had it for like a year and a half and still owe a little under $20k :cryying: :cryying: damn car loans building up and finally screwing me :nono:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
roadwarrior60 said:
yeah i wish it was totally paid off :cryying: i have only had it for like a year and a half and still owe a little under $20k :cryying: :cryying: damn car loans building up and finally screwing me :nono:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F&*KING KIDDING ME!!!!

Negative equity is going to own your A$$ for a LONG TIME if you don't open your eyes ..... LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

You have only had it a year and a half???? And you are getting rid of it because ..... WHY???
This truck is got you all wound up??? That's it??? That's the only reason??? :dw:

If you must... :bored:

Sell the Cobra outright...
Take your time..... DO NOT BE IMPATIENT!!!! Get over that right freaking now!!!!... or be prepared to pay top dollar for everything!!!

Then buy a lifted truck like the one you want-----> from some DUMB A$$ who is tired of theirs and ALSO MUST HAVE A NEW TOY RIGHT NOW!!!

Then at least you won't have to complain about....

The payments are too high...
I can't afford the gas...
I can't believe I gave that Cobra away for that cheap...
Geeze everybody has these now...
I make my payments on time but I always owe an A$$ LOAD of money when I want to trade... :bash:

Look for a "divorce forces sale" deal in the classifieds... they are the BEST!!!

Take a chill pill and THINK about your options... :idea:

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread