Anyone else making 700+rwhp bored with their car?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Lol I know the OP and it's definitely all in his head. The car put down 775 on the dyno with basically a stock motor minus the Pistons and teskid block. His problem is the nitto 555r's.

That's what I was getting at way earlier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambro

Established Member
That's what I was getting at way earlier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just had to give him the business. I also think he needs more sidewall than a 26 inch DR. Unless something has drastically changed since I rode in it, the car was skating through second. Coming from a lowly 2.3 whipple guy, the 2.9 feels really strong. I couldn't imagine a turbo car, it must be insane.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Everything has already been said. If I drive mine too much its almost annoying and I enjoy hopping in my POS focus to run to the store.

I also hated it at 590whp with NTO5s. 1st and 2nd were worthless. Soon as I got drag radials I couldn't believe I hadn't done it sooner.

Probably a little under 700 now and every now and again I can get second to hook if I do things right and its a blast. Spinning sucks.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
These cars aren't very comfy or forgiving. I just did a ~30 mile cruise, and I'm surprisingly exhausted to be honest.

I did embarrass a tesla sedan driver pretty bad when he tried to do some ricer asshole cutoff pass from the left lane to exit the freeway. I was in the exit lane. I just planted it in 3rd and he had to tuck behind me.

He kept trying to race me after that so I gave the little squirt his chance and he didn't do so well. From 40-90 I put a small school bus on him-after reeling him in from a cheekish first honk take off... kids these days. They get rich but don't care about the traditions. He was an obnoxious driver so I turned onto a neighborhood road and crept away then went home.

I'm tired, driving these cars is very obnoxious. The turning radius at low speed is a joke, or at least mine is. My right elbow is numb and my left foot as well. First thing I did when I got home was crack a beer. I feel like I've wrestled an alligator for half an hour.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol I know the OP and it's definitely all in his head. The car put down 775 on the dyno with basically a stock motor minus the Pistons and teskid block. His problem is the nitto 555r's.
Them 555r sucked when my car was at 455rwhp. Useless tire compared to r888.

94slowbra1

Established Member
first world problems i guess. im at 600+ right now and looking to make the switch to E and hopefully eclipse the 700 mark. i drive mine every few weeks and every time i do it puts a smile on my face

Terminator Dave

Established Member
Drive something else for a couple days then jump back into your car, that feeling happens at any power level, I made a 3 gear pull today and was like damn is that it, then I decided to go second gear thru 4th and all was good again. I honestly could not believe how slow it felt, I was like it never feels this slow.
What does it run at the drags?

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BladeX10

Established Member
This is what pushed me out of the performance car game a few years back. I got tired of dumping endless amounts of money into my car just to get another 30-50 HP out of it then get bored to death of it a few weeks later. It was damn near an addiction. If i lost a race, I'd be online that night looking up ways to be faster.

I'll be in the market for a Cobra in a few months and plan on not doing much to it power wise. I just want the car for what it is and not to make insane amounts of power.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I too am interested in track times with 775 ponies. I'm running 10.40's in mine. Curious how much closer to 9's it is making 50+ more hp than mine.

blue 07

Established Member
I'm at 670 at the wheels with my 13 Shelby and looking to be at 700 plus this winter. So as usual, there's never enough once you get to the levels of hp these cars can make. I don't know about bored with the amount of power,but it seems it just becomes "normal"after a while.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This is what pushed me out of the performance car game a few years back. I got tired of dumping endless amounts of money into my car just to get another 30-50 HP out of it then get bored to death of it a few weeks later. It was damn near an addiction. If i lost a race, I'd be online that night looking up ways to be faster.

I'll be in the market for a Cobra in a few months and plan on not doing much to it power wise. I just want the car for what it is and not to make insane amounts of power.

Stock is boring if you like some hp. I don't really race anyone. I cruise a lot, and that's about it. Drives like stock, unless I open it up.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I'm sorry. Did you answer my question about 1/4 mile, referring to the "bored" with 775 RWH comment?

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I too am interested in track times with 775 ponies. I'm running 10.40's in mine. Curious how much closer to 9's it is making 50+ more hp than mine.
If you guys a referring to me I went to the track Friday night. They don't prep very well for those events. I went 10.3@144 launching at 2500

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Great trap speed, that's got some top end charge for sure.

I found out why I've been a little underwhelmed with my freeway pulls lately when I'm letting off at "135" in 4th
IMG_3501.jpg
IMG_3505.PNG

My speedo is about 12-15% slow haha. I've been wondering why "80" feels like I'm fleeing a bank robbery...

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
If you guys a referring to me I went to the track Friday night. They don't prep very well for those events. I went 10.3@144 launching at 2500

That's some impressive mph! What kind of 60' and what tires are you on? We're close in ET's but your mph is 11mph faster than mine. I think I might have had some belt slip issues when I last ran.

Rambro

Established Member
Hey Jason remember when everyone thought your newly built motor was doomed to catastrophic failure? Lol seems to be doing pretty good don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread