Anyone else having trouble getting through to Lightning Force Performance?

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
In an attempt for more power, I decided to purchase a 4# lower and BAP for my car. I ordered from LFP.
My parts arrived and it was about halfway through the install that I realized I'm missing the hardware to attatch the idler plate. Being a saturday, I wasnt able to call until Monday (last Monday).
I call monday, and there is no problem having them ship the missing pieces. I ask for rush shipping, and again, they are eager to help, and send it priority through the US mail.
Thursday rolls around, and I call them for a tracking number so I can see when my hardware will arrive. Of course, USPS has no tracking tool. So I decide to wait it out.
Monday. No package. Cobra been apart for a week. I call LFP and let them know whats going on. They are happy to send another set of hardware. I request UPS overnight, and it's no problem. So far, they have been most kind in making sure I get my missing pieces.
Overnight does the trick. I got my hardware on tuesday. Great! Right?
I realize I'm still missing pieces..... I'm missing the lower bracket that runs horizontally along the bottom of the timing cover and some "ribbed washers" for the hub and ring to mount to the crank. I'm not mad though. People make mistakes, and sh*t happens.... So I decide to call them.
I can't get them to answer the phone now. I tried about 8 times before I went onto the site to the "contact us" and typed up a message, requesting a call. I left them two messages, and nothing... So I call about 20 more times (no exagerration) until they close (5pm central time). No results.
So I try again this moning. First straight to the voicemail... second time it rings until i get the voicemail. I try to leave a message, but their voicemail box is full.
So what gives? Am I the only one having issues?

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
your answer is ...

CAll Lethal next time !!!! Ordered all my parts on tuesday

Got my x pipe on wednsday
got my cluth from spec today
rest of parts will be here tomorrow per fedex
Jared, Derek, andn Matt allways answer the phone! send emails, and answer PM's.

Im VERY happy with my service from them so far

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They've always been hit/miss on their CS and they're definitely not the best at answering the phone.

Nino S

Established Member
took me a couple days to get a hold of them and i still dont have my flywheel or 26 spline input shaft.... ordered it over 2 weeks ago.....

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
they are attempting to straighten things out with me, got an e-mail finally, said i'll get a h/e next week ? i really wonder, said it was due to an oversight, order was taken in march, today is 6/13/08, if your as patient as me there is a possibility it may be worked out , keep the faith, just not with them, thank you very much,

fyi usps does have tracking
your story is so darn exactly like mine, dont expect an e-mail soon from them, maybe next week or after you e-mail over and over again and try calling for a few weeks or so, then tack on a couple months and you'll get a positive response that your stuff will come someday, its great to have dreams

Last edited:

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
Success!! Well, not with LFP... Tried again this morning and I was done messing around.
I called D'Agostino and spoke with them about possibly getting just the mising pieces i needed. Unfortunately, they can't take a kit apart and get pieces out of it for me, but they were more than happy to help me get in contact with Metco directly so I can get my parts.
I contacted Metco and spoke to a gentleman named Aaron, who was alerted of my entire situation from beginning to end, and was happy to get the requird parts shipped. I opted for overnight shipment. The missing part was round $15 (I dont remember, exactly), and to get it overnighted for Saturday delivery. I came in just over $70. But I dont care, I got my stuff coming, and never have to deal with LFP again!!
Lesson learned!
Thanks for the responses, and special thanks to the people of D'Agostino and Metco Motorsports!:rockon:

MustangThief

Established Member
Lifelong Lethal customer here.

They've had a few chances to "shine", when it comes to customer service. And they took every opportunity.

To put it shortly, Lethal has bent over backwards on more than one occasion to make me happy, and I wasn't even unhappy, that's just the kind of CS they represent.

I've ordered from LFP multiple times in the past, as I like to spread my business around to vendors.

But I said it before and I'll have to say it again, when I call Lethal, I *know* who I'm calling, and so far, they've given me all the reasons to trust them, and none not to.

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
I've dealt with Lethal before as well. I ordered some Reichard Racing double ball bearing idlers and it was gonna be an extra day before they would ship, they called me to let me know. They also let me know that they had the new gen. two idlers if maybe I wanted them, which they had in stock at the time. They told me where to get a look at them and to call back whenever.
After I saw them, I had to get them. I wouldnt have even known about them otherwise and would have been dissappointed after seeing the new style and having spent the money on the older ones.
Lethal Performance is on my list of "great suppliers" as well! It's nice to know that there are still people out there who care about customer service!

ed72

Established Member
I ordered their heat exchanger. 3 weeks later received (wasn't in big hurry so ok) Ordered #4 lower pulley set, alt. pulley, IRS brace. Recieved everything except IRS brace. Called week later, it was on back order (why didn't they tell me this!) Told needed by May 20th(two weeks away) for race at Nashville Super Speedway. Told would NOT be a problem. I JUST received June 5th. Will not get me again! And No, they will not answer the phone.

03mgmcobra

Established Member
bad experience w/ LFP here...Mark got it all squared away in the end, but kinda put a sour taste in my mouth for them. will go w/ lethal when i get some $$$!

Nino S

Established Member
Man I am getting everything from Lethal from now on. I just placed an order for my Fiore quadrent and cable adjustor and within minutes I have an email saying they recieved my order then an immediate order with shipping info!!
I go on to LFP.com and there is no place to track my month old order, never got an email with a breakdown of everything I ordered, NOTHING. They just charged my card and do not want to hear shit from me. I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY 26 SPLINE INPUT SHAFT!!! I have a 2.6 KB with the entire fuel system sitting in a pile in my garage, waiting to install my spec 3+ kit to get it broken in before the dyno and tune. It is kinda hard to install a clutch without the input shaft!! I am sorry but I am so pissed that I have been waiting and waiting for one part and nobody will answer the phone. I am at the point where I am just going to have to spend the money elsewhere then fight with LFP about getting me my money back.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
they are attempting to straighten things out with me, got an e-mail finally, said i'll get a h/e next week ? i really wonder, said it was due to an oversight, order was taken in march, today is 6/13/08, if your as patient as me there is a possibility it may be worked out , keep the faith, just not with them, thank you very much,

fyi usps does have tracking.
your story is so darn exactly like mine, dont expect an e-mail soon from them, maybe next week or after you e-mail over and over again and try calling for a few weeks or so, then tack on a couple months and you'll get a positive response that your stuff will come someday, its great to have dreams

Yep! http://lp2cd.com/USPS_tracking.htm

Nino S

Established Member
I got from work last night at almost midnight and when I pull up in my driveway I saw a little box leaning against the garage door with my 26 spline input shaft!! I am very happy that I finally got my part, but I still wish that somone would have at least returned by call to tell me that I would have it in before the weekend. I took my car to my friends house at 1 am last night so that he can have the day to install some of the cooling mods and clutch. I should be able to break it in by the end of the month then my 2.6 will finally be on!!! Sorry for the ranting....

Users who are viewing this thread