Anyone else having problems shifting 3rd to 4th gear hard?

SJ-KY

Established Member
Guys Im in a bind and unsure what to do. The transmission shifts good 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. When I go to shift it hard from 3 to 4 its got a really bad hang spot in between. So every time I run the car I have to grannny shift it into 4th killing my MPH. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix? Any help would be great,THANKS.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see that you have a totally stock '04. So before you start throwing money into a new shifter I would take it to your dealer and have the check it. Did it start recently or has it always tended to hang up going into 4th.

SJ-KY

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I see that you have a totally stock '04. So before you start throwing money into a new shifter I would take it to your dealer and have the check it. Did it start recently or has it always tended to hang up going into 4th.

I have an 2.93 pulley,Idlers,FIPK,X-Pipe,Borla Stinger,SCT software,B&M Shifter,IRS Brace,IRS Bushings,Accufab Throttle Body.

SJ-KY

Established Member
Its just the 3 to 4 shift. I tried putting the stock shifter in and same results. I went 11.601 @117.8mph last night. I feel my mph is 2-3mph low because I have to shift so slow into 4th killing my ET also.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Never had a problem with the 3-4 shift. I think the 2-3 shift at high rpm's is a scarier shift if you ask me. :( If the problem persists get it checked out pronto.

sb03cobra

Established Member
I had the same problem when mine was stock. Always had trouble at the track with the 3-4 shift. I installed a firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant, problem solved!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SJ-KY said:
I have an 2.93 pulley,Idlers,FIPK,X-Pipe,Borla Stinger,SCT software,B&M Shifter,IRS Brace,IRS Bushings,Accufab Throttle Body.
Thanks for the update. You should add these mods to your signature so we all know what you have. It often helps us to respond better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread