Anyone else have problems with UPR?

Trader

Established Member
Ordered some stuff from them 6 weeks ago. Emblem and inserts. Still no show, say the emblem is back ordered. :??:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered a billet shifter bezel and it came about 3 days later than I expected.

Just a side note, but one thing I don't like about UPR is that they never disclose the shipping cost on your order. You pick the method and they add the cost AFTER the order is accepted. I had to call to find out how much their 3-day ship was, and by then it was too late to change it to regular UPS even if I wanted to. They really need to change their system so that you know up front what the shipping is.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I ordered my UPR CAI about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't gotten here. I haven't had the time to call someone and find out what the hell happened, but I too, paid for the 3-day select shipping method. Too bad if I ever get it, it's going right up for sale on E-Bay.....

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
Ordered lots of stuff from UPR and never had a problem with them....and thier stuff is of good quality...

satin silver coupe
Mac cat back
Steeda tri ax
Shinoda chin spoiler
MGW stuff
UPR stuff
Cobra mats
Cobra door sills
K&N filter
Mobil 1
only 3000 miles because I just don't have the time and the weather sucks here on Long Island!!!!!

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I have ordered from them a few times. My orders never come complete. One part is usually backordered everytime. I will never order from them again.

BlKvNm

Established Member
I ordered a shifter from them once -- a week goes by and no shifter. I make a call only to find out it is on back order. I asked why they didn't inform me via email or a phone call and the response was "you're not our only customer that we have to deal with". The guy was a cocky Pr***.

I canceled the order and will never spend a dime with them.

Mick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, I forgot to mention they don't seem to respond to email. I tried asking questions by email but got no response. So I had to call long distance to ask a question. The guy cut me as short as possible. I got the impression that unless you're buying something they don't like to waste their time. On the other hand, I've had completely opposite luck with Steeda, Amazon Racing, and a couple of others. They are courteous and go out of their way to help, even if you'er only thinking about a purchase. UPR gets a score of 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
:p

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i'll never deal with them just based off the negativity i've heard about their shipping and ordering process. my friend ordered a few things from them... stuff never showed up for weeks. he called and the people were rude and said the stuff was going out the same day. a week later, he calls back and the rude prick on the phone gives him the "it's backordered".... magically it was shipping the week before, next it's backordered! and the kicker was they charged his card a month before! so needless to say, he cancelled his order and said he'll never deal with them again!

2003 Cobra

Established Member
UPR has the worst customer service people I have ever dealt with. I sent back my original UPR firewall adjuster because it only had one bolt to hold it, the bolt hole was not countersunk, and the hole where the cable goes through was very narrow and I thought my cable might rub that area. In order to not be without an adjuster, I paid for a new Extreme firewall adjuster up front and explained that I would send the old one back for a refund after I got the new one. UPR said that was fine. A week later I received the new Extreme firewall adjuster and installed it. I sent back the old one and never received my refund. One month passed and I called them up. The A-hole at UPR said they never received my old part back. I then gave him the UPS tracking number and he then admitted to getting it back. He then said they won't refund my money as they will only give me store credit. I said that was not explained to me when I made the order for the new Extreme firewall adjuster and that I made it clear when I made my new order that it was being done so I would not have any down time with my car and that I would send in my old unit for a refund as soon as I received the new unit.

If UPR does not give me my refund, I will have to dispute the charge by way of credit card. With UPR it's caveat emptor!!!

Last edited:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
If only I had read that a little sooner! Just got my UPR quadrant and firewall adjuster. All the parts were there, but get this: $17.50 shipping! On a box that is light as a feather and small. I would expect those kind of charges on next day air, not regular ground....

Originally posted by toofast4u
They screw everybody with extreme shipping charges. I don't deal with them.

jonas

Established Member
I ordered a firewall mounted cluch cable adjuster for my 93 gt and it came with no damn instructions, no invoice, just a box, a upr mini catalog and the aluminum adjuster just sitting there. I emailed asking for instructions with no reply. I dont know the front from the back and dont know anyone with one installed for me to figure out

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Trader, the Emblem is holding up your order. I ordered one two weeks ago. Called a couple of days ago they told me that it was on back order so they wouldn't send my other stuff until the emblem came in. I'm cancelling my order tomorrow.

2kbill

Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
I ordered a firewall mounted cluch cable adjuster for my 93 gt and it came with no damn instructions, no invoice, just a box, a upr mini catalog and the aluminum adjuster just sitting there. I emailed asking for instructions with no reply. I dont know the front from the back and dont know anyone with one installed for me to figure out

Here check out this link clicky

Bill

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I ordered some cheesy chrome goodies. Two pieces were on back order so I finally cancelled my order after several weeks of waiting. They went ahead and charged my credit card. Waiting for them to re-credit me:gt: Too many other vendors out there to order the same products from.

Users who are viewing this thread