Anyone else have people tell you they can't find the cats?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Short version in bold at the bottom.

Over the last few weeks I've been going through the process of trying to get my truck inspected, well during this time I had to have 2 of the 02 sensors replaced and I decided to put new cats in.

I took it to a well known performance shop in Houston, and the guy goes...."Yeah, we can replace the cats for you, but you only have one...." Now mind you there's 2 different L's in the parking lot already and plenty of Mustangs.....1 cat...really? After he was done I explained there was 2.

Then I go to a quick lube (for the inspection) and the mechanic goes..."well you failed two things, your tint is too dark and you don't have any cats." Of course, he tells me this after I pass emissions..."No, there's 2 under there" I tell him...."Oh...well I guess I can't see them.......ok, just get the tint fixed then." Something else to note: this was an inspection, so he had to turn it on, drive it, the whole bit. Preeeeetty sure you'd know if there were no cats.

I'm just suprised how many people, in the car industry, can't tell the difference between no cats, and having them, or just having one. Kind of odd.

SHORT VERSION: Mechanics have a weakness....it's the cats. They can't find them.

Anyone else have this happen? I laughed, but also face-palmed a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread