Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

hockeylover86

Established Member
Outside factors on the long wait. Normally wouldn't have occurred like this.

Car could have been out by now but look at what's gone on in Dearborn over the last year and a half. This thing was a big money pet project of people who are long gone at this point. Lucky the car even made it out alive.

I agree and for a while thought that it would get the axe for sure. Remember, the same family also runs the Detroit Lions...lol!

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
When you neglect your brand image to produce crappy electric cars, you lose more in sales than you win in greener image.

Dodge grew a lot, ford grew, gm well...

Dodge’s formula of give em what they want has been pretty great

I agree :)
IMG_0771.JPG

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have no beef with dodge. They saw a mantel lying on the field and did battle with Chevy to wear it. Getting a 4500lbs car to hang with 3500lbs sc Vette’s and 3800lbs Camaro’s is a hell of an accomplishment.

Mean, the mustang has been more of a Knight than a warrior. It’s spent more of this gens battles ****ing the handmaids and wives, than ducking out wins for Ford.

Word is the gt500 is coming to sort this all out and reclaim the mantel.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have no beef with dodge. They saw a mantel lying on the field and did battle with Chevy to wear it. Getting a 4500lbs car to hang with 3500lbs sc Vette’s and 3800lbs Camaro’s is a hell of an accomplishment.

Mean, the mustang has been more of a Knight than a warrior. It’s spent more of this gens battles ****ing the handmaids and wives, than ducking out wins for Ford.

Word is the gt500 is coming to sort this all out and reclaim the mantel.
I don’t see how it’s an accomplishment. Yes they did have get by all the regulations. But adding power and weight through a blower for straight line speed, well anyone can do that. Their best car is still the ACR.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Interesting. We talked about the prior posting of the active brake cooling patent Ford received. And while you see GT350 in the sketch, note the dates. The application was well after the GT350 was introduced and is fairly recent. I think it fair to say that we could see something along these lines on the GT500.:)

This popped up today.

GT500%20Patent%20Jan1%202019-XL.jpg

Patent Images

DBK, this one showed up today as well under a side marker vehicle illumination patent. What did you say this sketch was likely of?

zz%20Capture-M.jpg

Patent Images

blk02edge

Established Member
Interesting. We talked about the prior posting of the active brake cooling patent Ford received. And while you see GT350 in the sketch, note the dates. The application was well after the GT350 was introduced and is fairly recent. I think it fair to say that we could see something along these lines on the GT500.:)

This popped up today.

View attachment 1540181
Patent Images

DBK, this one showed up today as well under a side marker vehicle illumination patent. What did you say this sketch was likely of?

View attachment 1540182
Patent Images
Thats the Troller

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
After perusing some Troller photos I think the sketch looks better than the real thing.

Still looking far and wide for anything GT500 related that may be buried somewhere.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
The left are already crying about polluting space even though its 100% literally impossible to do so lol

Actually what people are complaining about is the amount of trash orbiting the Earth which is actually becoming a problem for future launches and equipment that is currently orbiting the earth.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Actually what people are complaining about is the amount of trash orbiting the Earth which is actually becoming a problem for future launches and equipment that is currently orbiting the earth.

There’s some debris from other launches, but thankfully the plastic bottles in the ocean don’t fly up into space and clog the place up.

blk02edge

Established Member
I know, that actually is an issue but Ive literally heard complaints of shooting it into deep space

Snoopy49

Established Member
I know, that actually is an issue but Ive literally heard complaints of shooting it into deep space

There are plenty of empty craters on the far side of the moon. Now all we need is a way to get all the batteries and other trash transported there in time for the Chinese landing. Sort of like a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" sign.

Last edited:

SNISTR1

Established Member
I heard ford is just waiting for this thread to reach 5,200 posts before release. I’ve also heard from some pretty reliable sources it’s coming in hot with a HOT VEEE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread hit 5200 posts 14 days prior to the scheduled release. The 14 was the last model year gt500 coincidence I think not. I told y’all I had some reliable sources and you can call me Nostradamus if you like.

In all seriousness I’m getting pretty hyped about the release thanks @Tob for all the info.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think this car will strike the almost perfect balance where modifying it will seem trivial.

Short of handling mods or mild induction mods, maybe a pulley, this car probably will just feel perfect stock.

blk02edge

Established Member
I think this car will strike the almost perfect balance where modifying it will seem trivial.

Short of handling mods or mild induction mods, maybe a pulley, this car probably will just feel perfect stock.
My opinion is most top of the line cars are like that nowadays. Take the 1le and zr1 for example. Sure you can make them faster in a straight line but short of putting slicks on them you cant really make them better

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I found a method to uncover patents/publications from Ford that speeds things up. This one, if used, is rather interesting.

"Road Camber Compensation"

A steering compensation apparatus includes a road camber determiner to determine a first road camber at a road position in front of a vehicle using wheel trajectory data and height data of the road position, a road camber logic circuit to select, via a torque mapper mapping a plurality of road cambers to a plurality of first compensating torques, a first compensating torque corresponding to the first road camber and a steering controller to drive a motor to deliver the selected first compensating torque to a steering rack at the road position responsive to the first road camber.

z1-L.jpg

z3-XL.jpg

z2-XL.jpg

z4-XL.jpg

Patent Images

Users who are viewing this thread