Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT350 is a good track weapon. It is an awful street car. Calling it how i see it. They need boost, you know, like the 03-04 Cobras, any GT500, C7 Z06, Hellcats, ZL1s. Aka almost any other top trim performance vehicle worth a ****. I’m just saying Ford should have marketed the 350 as the Boss 302 of this generation, except without a motor that self destructs.
Preach.
Exactly my thoughts.
And I've driven one, and I want one, and I would throw boost at it.
Great cars, but should have always had the GT500 next to it with a boosted CPC in the same package.
Think how many more would have sold having a GT350/500 combo like back in the day. Every single one.
Oh well, it's given me a great opportunity to enjoy a milestone car like the Hellcat.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, that’s not what i said. I said the owners were DISAPPOINTED in the power the vehicle made. Meaning turned off to the vehicle due to the lack of power it makes over a standard GT. There’s a big difference from being accustomed to the power your car makes (think 6 months after you do a build, you get used to the power and want more) and feeing the car is an underperformer, which now that i think about it, 50% is probably a low number, probably closer to 75-80%.

The GT350 is a good track weapon. It is an awful street car. Calling it how i see it. They need boost, you know, like the 03-04 Cobras, any GT500, C7 Z06, Hellcats, ZL1s. Aka almost any other top trim performance vehicle worth a ****. I’m just saying Ford should have marketed the 350 as the Boss 302 of this generation, except without a motor that self destructs.

And for what it’s worth i don’t work at a performance shop any longer.

With the majority of owners coming from a 2013/14 GT500, I can imagine. Sounds like they should've researched more before they bought. A standard GT wouldn't hold a candle to a GT350, track or street.

Not working there anymore would explain your lack of knowledge on the subject ;)

Think how many more would have sold having a GT350/500 combo like back in the day. Every single one.
-J

You mean, just like they've sold every GT350 so far? lol And every Boss 302 before that?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
With the majority of owners coming from a 2013/14 GT500, I can imagine. Sounds like they should've researched more before they bought. A standard GT wouldn't hold a candle to a GT350, track or street.

Not working there anymore would explain your lack of knowledge on the subject ;)

You mean, just like they've sold every GT350 so far? lol And every Boss 302 before that?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The gt350 is slow?

Huh.

Seems to me it’s bolt one and e85 away from 125mph trap speeds. I wouldn’t call that impressive or fast, but it’s not slow.

Also, boosted gt350’s. Put power down beautifully and murder like powered cars. I’ve seen 700whp gt350’s put cars on 850whp hellcats

They needed a gt500 3 years ago. Not defending the absence. I’ll defend an na car trapping 117-120 though. We aren’t talking about a 1st gen Miata here

Zemedici

Established Member

Ouch.....:D :D

Alls i know is GTs don’t self destruct just cause. Had a GT350 that was at Injected, getting routinely walked by FBO GTs, and it had its THIRD motor put in it by Ford.

Had 11,000 miles.

Lololol yeah gimme one of those for $60k please.

Zemedici

Established Member
The gt350 is slow?

Huh.

Seems to me it’s bolt one and e85 away from 125mph trap speeds. I wouldn’t call that impressive or fast, but it’s not slow.

Also, boosted gt350’s. Put power down beautifully and murder like powered cars. I’ve seen 700whp gt350’s put cars on 850whp hellcats

Sigh. So you found one video of a non driving ass hellcat owner, so now the GT350 is the new meta?

Come on. Get real. A GT350 is NOT a fast street car, and if you think otherwise, you’re wrong, and need faster friends.

A hellcat is a 10 second car stock.

A GT350 is far from it.

Next.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ouch.....:D :D

Alls i know is GTs don’t self destruct just cause. Had a GT350 that was at Injected, getting routinely walked by FBO GTs, and it had its THIRD motor put in it by Ford.

Had 11,000 miles.

Lololol yeah gimme one of those for $60k please.

That is strange. I've sold 27 total GT350s and have yet to have any issues with them.

They do consume more oil than I would like, but as long as it's checked regularly I've seen no issues with them first hand.

EDIT: 17, not 27. Got a little ahead of myself.

Zemedici

Established Member
That is strange. I've sold 27 total GT350s and have yet to have any issues with them.

They do consume more oil than I would like, but as long as it's checked regularly I've seen no issues with them first hand.

Whaaaaat?!?! That’s insane, i had 11 GT350s come into the shop with replaced motors. The customer with 3 motors consumed 6 quarts in 300 miles on his 2nd engine

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Whaaaaat?!?! That’s insane, i had 11 GT350s come into the shop with replaced motors. The customer with 3 motors consumed 6 quarts in 300 miles on his 2nd engine

That would be by far the most I've seen consumed in that amount of time.

@AustinJ427 what have you seen on the track?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sigh. So you found one video of a non driving ass hellcat owner, so now the GT350 is the new meta?

Come on. Get real. A GT350 is NOT a fast street car, and if you think otherwise, you’re wrong, and need faster friends.

A hellcat is a 10 second car stock.

A GT350 is far from it.

Next.

Lol, my fast friends have 1000whp cars that weigh 2500-3500lbs. My kinda fast friends have 4500lbs bolt on hellcats and gt500’s.

I have 1200whp in sub 3500lbs and am slow among friends going 8’s and faster with far less power.

I don’t need faster friends to know gt350’s are quick na cars

Also, a 12.2@117 gt350 run vs an 11.7@121 is very real world.

Ranger went 10.8 in a c6 z, c6z’s aren’t 10 second cars stock. He’s a great driver, runs at great tracks, etc. Still waiting for an owner to run 9.65@140. I’ve seen 9.90 on a close to stock hellcat demon

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol, my fast friends have 1000whp cars that weigh 2500-3500lbs. My kinda fast friends have 4500lbs bolt on hellcats and gt500’s.

I have 1200whp in sub 3500lbs and am slow among friends going 8’s and faster with far less power.

I don’t need faster friends to know gt350’s are quick na cars

But you’re implying GT350s routinely beat hellcats, which is laughable.

A hellcat in reverse will walk a GT350 in a straight line.

And being NA doesnt matter when you’re racing against a car that’s FI. The GT350s are not ‘light’ by any means either.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
But you’re implying GT350s routinely beat hellcats, which is laughable.

A hellcat in reverse will walk a GT350 in a straight line.

And being NA doesnt matter when you’re racing against a car that’s FI. The GT350s are not ‘light’ by any means either.

Where? I showed a vid of a gt350 running 12.2 vs a hellcat running 11.7

I’m not saying you failed to understand the video but...

Zemedici

Established Member
Where? I showed a vid of a gt350 running 12.2 vs a hellcat running 11.7...

And like i said non driving hellcat owner....hellcats nowadays are good for low 11s if not better stock with stock tires. Hell simons car is knocking on 9s with the stock pulley still on the stock ****ing blower. Called experience. Don’t handpick hellcat idiots to benefit your argument......that’s so lame. With just a drag radial a hellcat will run a 10 second pass.

@GotHemi? want a 12 second hellcat? Hahahahahaha

It’s ok, it’s just yalls brand bias showing. You guys should open your horizons to other brands, though. :)

Zemedici

Established Member
And fwiw, I’m just talking with y’all, buy what ya wanna buy, just make sure you understand what you’re buying prior to purchase.

A GT350 is quick on the track, and slow on the street. A hellcat is the opposite I’m sure.

That being said, I’d rather have the power on tap and not need it vs need it and not have it. If ford did a boosted GT350, those customers wouldn’t have gone and bought hellcats, right @biminiLX? :D

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
....They do consume more oil than I would like, but as long as it's checked regularly I've seen no issues with them first hand....

I check my oil at every fill-up. I will burn 6 quarts in 5,000 miles. If someone is going though 6 in 300, they should get a new engine because someone stuff a two-stroke in it.

I have meet 2 people who blew their GT350 engines. Both had no idea they burned oil or needed to check oil between oil changes. Even though both didn't properly maintain the engine and had failures due to lube issues, Ford still warrantied them. Kinda hard to ask for more than that.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I check my oil at every fill-up. I will burn 6 quarts in 5,000 miles. If someone is going though 6 in 300, they should get a new engine because someone stuff a two-stroke in it.

I have meet 2 people who blew their GT350 engines. Both had no idea they burned oil or needed to check oil between oil changes. Even though both didn't properly maintain the engine and had failures due to lube issues, Ford still warrantied them. Kinda hard to ask for more than that.

Generally speaking, warrantying crap is still better than bad press and brand damage. Ford is not the only one.

And before the hurt hineys go nuts, I am not necessarily saying the 350 engines are crap. Although IMHO they seem to have more issues than they should from what I hear here and elsewhere and from a friend who bought and sold his within 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread