Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta say I do love the new Navigator and that RWD S550 based Aviator looked killer.
Lincoln could probably do well with only 3 models---Nav, Aviator, and a Mustang based 2 AND 4 door car, a modern Mark 8.
I traded in an ML63s for a Hellcat Charger.
I'd love to put the wife in the new Aviator and have a 4-door Mustang-based hot rod Lincoln with a blown Coyote, A10 and RWD.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Throwback Thursday to the first post of this thread, which was a little over a year ago. Also, remember when this subforum was titled "2018+ Shelby GT500 Mustang"?!?!
Funny somebody liked the first post and I realized it was exactly a year old and here we still sit waiting.
Could be worse, but my thoughts still hold, Ford really was late on this car no matter what some people I respect say.
Yes it will be great and I hope worth the wait, but even that thought recognizes its late to the big power party.
We all should recognize a blown 5.2 GT350 based GT500 would have sold (and not killed that many 350 sales) while they work on a more dynamic 500 (what I expect is this new car).
I know it's not happening but GT500KR sounds bad@ss.
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Funny somebody liked the first post and I realized it was exactly a year old and here we still sit waiting.
Could be worse, but my thoughts still hold, Ford really was late on this car no matter what some people I respect say.

-J

Has DepWraith been wrong for that long?

Seriously how is Ford late with this car? Did they say it would be out by now or be out before a certain date?

Back in 2010 or there about GM was working on three cars. A ZL1 a Z28 witch was on again off again and a new Grand National.

In my eyes GM is late with the new GN. As a number of people have said before 5/6/7 years between their high end performance car upgrades is not in heard of.

DepWraith

Established Member
Remember that time On D Bit gave us info on the GT500? Me neither, yet he says others are wrong with zero proof.

But seriously, this car is way overdue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Osiris

Established Member
Information about the supercharger 5.2 was included in the press release on 4/18/18.
2018 Cobra Jet Announcement

I bet it uses the 5.2 alluminator XS as originally announced with billet OPG (before they switched it to the GT350 OPG/pan) and lower compression ration .
I think its this one...19k as a package from FP.

Amazing engine...This truck was awesome, and it sounded amazing on track....
5d76da282cc7a34cc13217c3f50488da.jpg
2cf7b80e71802da041d1744f3c5936e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Gotta say I do love the new Navigator and that RWD S550 based Aviator looked killer.

S550-based? Where'd you hear/read that?

Yes it will be great and I hope worth the wait, but even that thought recognizes its late to the big power party.
We all should recognize a blown 5.2 GT350 based GT500 would have sold (and not killed that many 350 sales) while they work on a more dynamic 500 (what I expect is this new car).
I know it's not happening but GT500KR sounds bad@ss.
-J

I read recently that Ford isn't going to reveal the car until early next year. I really don't understand all the angst over how long it's taking. There isn't a shortage of GT500s out there on the used market. All of which can be modified to blow away the current crop of high powered cars. We already know people are going to balk at the price. So why should those folks even be concerned about when it's going to be released. It's going to be expensive, which is going to lead to the the usual "for that price, you could blah, blah, blah."

Osiris

Established Member

I read recently that Ford isn't going to reveal the car until early next year. I really don't understand all the angst over how long it's taking. There isn't a shortage of GT500s out there on the used market. All of which can be modified to blow away the current crop of high powered cars. We already know people are going to balk at the price. So why should those folks even be concerned about when it's going to be released. It's going to be expensive, which is going to lead to the the usual "for that price, you could blah, blah, blah."
Because some people just have to have something to bitch about.

The car can't come out fast enough, be cheap enough, fast enough or powerful enough for everyone anyway, lol

I don't mind the wait myself...I wouldn't be clamoring to buy one at launch anyhow.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Because some people just have to have something to bitch about.

The car can't come out fast enough, be cheap enough, fast enough or powerful enough for everyone anyway, lol

I don't mind the wait myself...I wouldn't be clamoring to buy one at launch anyhow.

I agree with that for the most part, but there are probably people who have been saving for the newest top-tier Mustang for a few years now.

And if a used GT500 isn’t something they want, then I could see the wait being frustrating despite there never being a concrete time frame for arrival.

(I’m not referring the lucky ones who can scratch the itch by buying something new to hold them over until the GT500s release.. like a HellCat or ZL1...those kinda of people can kick rocks :) )

Osiris

Established Member
I agree with that for the most part, but there are probably people who have been saving for the newest top-tier Mustang for a few years now.

And if a used GT500 isn’t something they want, then I could see the wait being frustrating despite there never being a concrete time frame for arrival.

(I’m not referring the lucky ones who can scratch the itch by buying something new to hold them over until the GT500s release.. like a HellCat or ZL1...those kinda of people can kick rocks :) )
But why itch in the first place? Put your savings somewhere and let it build, you'll end up so much better off in the end...If you just HAVE to have it right now when it launches, you'll have that ADM money ready, right? Hahaha

It isn't like those cars can't be beaten by something less expensive anyhow, when it comes to drag or roll racing just about anything can be built up to compete, if that is all you care about...Same goes for track racing. No car is better than the driver mod. I think bragging about what your car can do in the hands of someone else on a track is kinda silly.

I would compare it to having a hot wife and letting some guy named Dexter St Jock cuckold you. Hahaha

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I had an itch when i decided to buy a new one. I just got lucky my itch was at the end of 2011 right as they released information on the ‘13s improvements over the 2012. 5 months later I had a car in my garage.

I guess I can empathize with some of the guys who are going to get one, have already been waiting upwards of 2 years, and still don’t know what they're waiting for.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
But why itch in the first place? Put your savings somewhere and let it build, you'll end up so much better off in the end...If you just HAVE to have it right now when it launches, you'll have that ADM money ready, right? Hahaha

It isn't like those cars can't be beaten by something less expensive anyhow, when it comes to drag or roll racing just about anything can be built up to compete, if that is all you care about...Same goes for track racing. No car is better than the driver mod. I think bragging about what your car can do in the hands of someone else on a track is kinda silly.

I would compare it to having a hot wife and letting some guy named Dexter St Jock cuckold you. Hahaha

Seriously wondering, not trying to be a dick, but what do you drive? Do you race?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The NY show pics show an S550 Mustang IRS. Nobody knows what that means, and I read it was only a show car not a driver, but the rear framerails also supposedly looked similar.
A stretched RWD S550 based platform would make sense. The Explorer is a Taurus platform originating from Volvo.
Like I posted, Ford and Lincoln could definitely utilize a RWD IRS architecture from Mustang to actually make some exciting vehicles.
-J

Osiris

Established Member
Seriously wondering, not trying to be a dick, but what do you drive? Do you race?
-J
I have a '16 GT350, an '04 Cobra Conv. An '87 XR4Ti (currently building into a street/autox car), an old ass F150 to haul parts around in and a '17 MKZ for date night with the 'ol lady.

I autocross pretty regurlarly (be out there dying in the heat Sun in fact). Haven't taken my 350 out to a course yet (coolers man, coolers), but have tracked/dragged previous cars I've owned. Would you like to know those as well? I assume you have a point you'd like to make...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
He was probably asking because your “why have an itch” post completely misses the point that some people are excited to get a new car, that not everyone wants to build the fastest street car for less, and you came across as belittling to people who don’t “race” their cars.

Osiris

Established Member
He was probably asking because your “why have an itch” post completely misses the point that some people are excited to get a new car, that not everyone wants to build the fastest street car for less, and you came across as belittling to people who don’t “race” their cars.
Um no, I don't. I was talking about people who quote magazine articles about how fast their track cars are around a track because in that type of performance measure, results WILL vary a lot more than they will with drag racing. That always comes down to the driver. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. Lol

And no. I didn't miss any point.

People want a new car. So effin'what? It isn't here yet..whining about it and blaming the manufacturer/accusing them of not being able to compete is downright ridiculous.

That returns us to my point...People just have to have something to bitch about, period.

Users who are viewing this thread