Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You’re pleasant.
He is correct. Ford is taking their time making sure it’s right and that their product is superior driving vehicle Compared to competition and higher end vehicles. The took a full 4 years on the GT350 and came out with an amazing drivers car!

Also I saw a very good driver running a stock 15 Mustang GT at .52 at Sonoma and two other owners driving their cars same day. They were running .56 and .57 respectively. One was driving a c7z06 and another 991.1 GT3. It’s the driver who makes the car!

SlowSVT

Established Member
He is correct. Ford is taking their time making sure it’s right and that their product is superior driving vehicle Compared to competition and higher end vehicles. The took a full 4 years on the GT350 and came out with an amazing drivers car!

Also I saw a very good driver running a stock 15 Mustang GT at .52 at Sonoma and two other owners driving their cars same day. They were running .56 and .57 respectively. One was driving a c7z06 and another 991.1 GT3. It’s the driver who makes the car!

Ford is not "taking their time making sure it's right" they are struggling just to make sure they can get the 5 liter Coyote to make enough power and hold together reliably while admitting they will be at a 100+ hp deficit over their competition. This is in a chassis that is slated to be discontinued in 2021 you can be sure this has not gone unnoticed by the bean counters at Ford for a car that will out of reach to the average performance enthusiast, will be near it's limit on pump gas and sold in very limited numbers as a result. The release of a new G500 is not an assured thing.

What I can predict is if Ford releases a blown Coyote engine which they haven't done since it's inception on an engine with aluminum cylinders with precious little land between the bores is that it will be very risky adding more boost than what is delivered from the factory same as the 5.8 Trinity engine. I'm not optimistic about the future of the Mustangs ability to be modded to make the kind of power the old mod motor is capable of cheaply and reliably the days where the average Joe six pack pumping 20+ psi into the engine died out with the 5.4. If the GT500 becomes a reality look for prices north of $75K MSRP with the dealer mark-ups bringing that figure closer to $100K. At that price you won't find too many people swapping out the blower for a 3.4 Whipple it will be a "buy & drive" affair only same as the GT350.

For me a winning combination would be a mod happy T2 Mustang with an engine with steel liners, a Tremec T56 Magnum void of variable cam timing, electric steering and computer controlled everything that sold for $50K just the kind of car that Frank Bullitt would want. Instead we are going to get just the opposite for $100K if anything at all.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford is not "taking their time making sure it's right" they are struggling just to make sure they can get the 5 liter Coyote to make enough power and hold together reliably while admitting they will be at a 100+ hp deficit over their competition. This is in a chassis that is slated to be discontinued in 2021 you can be sure this has not gone unnoticed by the bean counters at Ford for a car that will out of reach to the average performance enthusiast, will be near it's limit on pump gas and sold in very limited numbers as a result. The release of a new G500 is not an assured thing.

What I can predict is if Ford releases a blown Coyote engine which they haven't done since it's inception on an engine with aluminum cylinders with precious little land between the bores is that it will be very risky adding more boost than what is delivered from the factory same as the 5.8 Trinity engine. I'm not optimistic about the future of the Mustangs ability to be modded to make the kind of power the old mod motor is capable of cheaply and reliably the days where the average Joe six pack pumping 20+ psi into the engine died out with the 5.4. If the GT500 becomes a reality look for prices north of $75K MSRP with the dealer mark-ups bringing that figure closer to $100K. At that price you won't find too many people swapping out the blower for a 3.4 Whipple it will be a "buy & drive" affair only same as the GT350.

For me a winning combination would be a mod happy T2 Mustang with an engine with steel liners, a Tremec T56 Magnum void of variable cam timing, electric steering and computer controlled everything that sold for $50K just the kind of car that Frank Bullitt would want. Instead we are going to get just the opposite for $100K if anything at all.
Well if it’s so easy go ahead and build it. Or just buy a 13 GT500.

100hp deficit to the competition how? Are you saying the new gt500 will have less than 550hp. Because thats the competition. And where did they admit this?

Obviously taking 4 years to developer the GT350/R hurt ford. After all the driving experience was compared to the 488 and GT3 multiple times by professional drivers and editors alike. Not to mention fetching msrp or higher still almost 3 after its release and still selling for more than the higher horsepower faster newer Camaro.

But obviously you know more than Ford. Beer!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The NY show pics show an S550 Mustang IRS. Nobody knows what that means, and I read it was only a show car not a driver, but the rear framerails also supposedly looked similar.

The Aviator (and new Explorer) are going to be RWD-based body-on-frame SUVs. Basically, they're going to sit on the F150 chassis. (Or will it be the new Ranger chassis?? That truck's too small, though.)

...it will be very risky adding more boost than what is delivered from the factory same as the 5.8 Trinity engine. I'm not optimistic about the future of the Mustangs ability to be modded to make the kind of power the old mod motor is capable of cheaply and reliably the days where the average Joe six pack pumping 20+ psi into the engine died out with the 5.4. If the GT500 becomes a reality look for prices north of $75K MSRP with the dealer mark-ups bringing that figure closer to $100K. At that price you won't find too many people swapping out the blower for a 3.4 Whipple it will be a "buy & drive" affair only same as the GT350.

The "it won't be able to be modded" argument is made LITERALLY every time Ford brings a new engine to the Mustang, and it's proven wrong literally every time. Why do people keep saying that when it's wrong every time?

Obviously taking 4 years to developer the GT350/R hurt ford. After all the driving experience was compared to the 488 and GT3 multiple times by professional drivers and editors alike. Not to mention fetching msrp or higher still almost 3 after its release and still selling for more than the higher horsepower faster newer Camaro.

But obviously you know more than Ford. Beer!

Don't forget it almost beat the 570S as Best Driver's Car. The editors felt the 570S had slightly better steering feel on track and was more friendly on the street.

Voltwings

Established Member
The "it won't be able to be modded" argument is made LITERALLY every time Ford brings a new engine to the Mustang, and it's proven wrong literally every time. Why do people keep saying that when it's wrong every time?

Because people have literally no idea how horsepower is made (rpm x torque), all they see is a small motor and think "gonna have to cram a shit load of boost to make any power and thats gonna blow it up." Good flow through the motor and a high rpm capability will make tons of power with little to no boost ... same as it's always been, yet apparently we're reinventing the wheel every single time lol.

csc427

Established Member
Because people have literally no idea how horsepower is made (rpm x torque), all they see is a small motor and think "gonna have to cram a shit load of boost to make any power and thats gonna blow it up." Good flow through the motor and a high rpm capability will make tons of power with little to no boost ... same as it's always been, yet apparently we're reinventing the wheel every single time lol.
Drives me nuts as well. People on here had “inside info” on the latest coyote motor before it’s release. Said it was maxed out tune wise and said you’d be better off with the last gen coyote. Lmao. Seems to be quite the contrary doesn’t it. All this “inside info” cracks me up. The people with real info don’t go blabbing about it on forums. That’s why they have this info. You think if dbk spilled the beans about this car that he’d get info again? Nope. Why is that hard to understand?

ToddW702

Established Member
Meanwhile they test drive this thing right by my house almost everyday. I take my daughter to swim class at the same time on weekdays and there it is driving along. They must have a lot of miles logged by now. Temperature outside has been 110 and above (AZ) so hopefully they get what they need and get on with it. Saw the guy (test driver)getting gas the other day and his whole back was soaked. My wife said “is it going to have a/c or what”
I said no strictly speed

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Snoopy49

Established Member
I hope the sound of the exhaust is nothing like all the videos have shown so far, I hate the sound coming out of the rearend of those cars.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol I love the coyote is maxed out arguments. Guys have been saying it since it debuted and continue to say it as the engine gets more and more capable with every generation.

ToddW702

Established Member
Why aren't posting videos and pics??

I posted one
IMG_4151.JPG
in another thread on here. But it is just the same thing over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread