Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Coming from the guy that said release would be last July and that the car was a twin turbo I wouldn't hold my breath.

at this point i think it is safe to say that nobody knows anything so why would a twin turbo be out of the question? what the heck, why not throw it in the 'who knows what it will be' bucket with all the other rumors, renderings, guesses, theories, etc. i have been saying 2020 release ever since gary patterson's interview a few weeks ago, yet some people still hold on to 2018, some hold on to 2019, some believe gary's 2020, etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It won't be a twin turbo. I still believe it will be a MY19.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know why anyone ever thought the GT350 was done in 18. The "final year is 18" is another apocryphal Mustang-related story. Things get extensions approved or canned but there was never a "this is strictly a limited X year" run deal for this car.
Good to hear as a guy that still is interested in buying a 350 at some point.
Any potential of doing a dual DI/port 5.2 with the DCT and the updated interior of the '18+?
Would make for a sweeter GT350 package!
-J

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Good to hear as a guy that still is interested in buying a 350 at some point.
Any potential of doing a dual DI/port 5.2 with the DCT and the updated interior of the '18+?
Would make for a sweeter GT350 package!
-J
count me in!

DepWraith

Established Member
Coming from the guy that said release would be last July and that the car was a twin turbo I wouldn't hold my breath.

I explained the production delays, which obviously came to fruition given the constant delay in the release of this car.

Maybe they decided to go with the TT 5.0 after all and that's the reason for the new delay? Anything is possible at this point. Maybe Ford wasn't anticipating Dodge when they chose to go forward with the blown 5.2 and have now realized they better go with the TT 5.0 they were working on? Makes a lot more sense that a TT 5.0 would back up the whole "Venom kills demons" quotes rather than a boring blown 5.2.

Either way, seems really odd to have all this info released and teaser video a full year before a release...very odd.

2019 Order banks are supposed to open March 12th, so that should give some insight on the alleged continuation of the GT350 and perhaps reveal some other info.

One thing that is clear, Ford has definitely dropped the ball on this car. Waiting five years between production models is not the way to keep loyal customers. There are so many other options out there, especially when you add in the greedy dealer mark ups, you have to wonder what in the world they are thinking. I mean, there are Ford dealers selling 800hp mustangs for $40K and they think somehow people will spend another $40k more for some badging and a few other goodies? That's as bad buying a Roush.

Osiris

Established Member
Lol...so Dodge is the Kwan now because of the Hellcat and Demon but based on your arguement of time....Where were they before the return of the Challenger? You had the Viper. Period.

Please don't try to compare that with Ford taking time on the GT500 or some delay that though is being reported from an insider, and no offense to this person at all, Ford still signs his check, and they certainly understand how social media works.

Ultimately, we won't know anything until we do. Sit back and relax...if anything it gives you more time to let your money build interest, right?

Anyone who is licking their lips to be the first anyway...and what does that get you? Nothing but owning the same car as the next guy who waited and paid a shit ton less for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

C0bra99

Established Member
Just disregard Ford put together one of the finest automobiles at any price point in the GT350.

Go ahead and believe Ford has done nothing since the release of the 13GT500...
+1 don't forget the new Raptor, GT, RS. Ya Ford's done nothing since the 2014 GT500.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

DepWraith

Established Member
Hmmm...I just got off the phone with the dealer I'm committed to and they told me there will be a limited run of 2018's. I have to go in on Monday to give them the options and specs for my order. I'm not sure if they're crazy or what but I don't think they'd have me come in for nothing....keep you fine gentlemen posted.

Sonic605hp, what happened at this meeting???

Users who are viewing this thread