Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I explained the production delays, which obviously came to fruition given the constant delay in the release of this car.

Maybe they decided to go with the TT 5.0 after all and that's the reason for the new delay? Anything is possible at this point. Maybe Ford wasn't anticipating Dodge when they chose to go forward with the blown 5.2 and have now realized they better go with the TT 5.0 they were working on? Makes a lot more sense that a TT 5.0 would back up the whole "Venom kills demons" quotes rather than a boring blown 5.2.

Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

None of it was ever legitimate. None of it.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Good to hear as a guy that still is interested in buying a 350 at some point.
Any potential of doing a dual DI/port 5.2 with the DCT and the updated interior of the '18+?
Would make for a sweeter GT350 package!
-J

I've always thought it makes sense to sell the two cars side-by-side because they are not the same car. I think an update GT350R with a DCT, about 50 more hp, and a few other tweaks would be one of the great track cars ever built.

That said, you literally can't assume anything about future product plans at this point. Ford is eliminating an 11-figure sum of costs and re-allocating an 11-figure sum for investment. Good luck navigating that cluster**** with a product plan.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I've always thought it makes sense to sell the two cars side-by-side because they are not the same car. I think an update GT350R with a DCT, about 50 more hp, and a few other tweaks would be one of the great track cars ever built.

That said, you literally can't assume anything about future product plans at this point. Ford is eliminating an 11-figure sum of costs and re-allocating an 11-figure sum for investment. Good luck navigating that cluster**** with a product plan.
So invest in more Ford stock or lol nope?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Failed to remember the kids winter break this week so I rescheduled for this coming Monday. Getting a bunch if qt with my kiddies ;). Everyone here will know soon after I do. Went to Dave and Busters today!!! Kicked my son's ass at Mario Kart. ... no ****ing mercy on his 5 year old ass :D.

I'm no fool and have low expectations . I just want to secure an allocation with 100% certainty and get them to put it in writing that there won't be any ADM. There has been some turnover there and want to be sure they're still on team sonic ;). I'm hoping the cars I've bought and the referrals I've sent will keep me where I want to be.

Sonic605hp, what happened at this meeting???

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
just can the whole damn thing now. F-it.
close up the briefcase and call it an era.
get those autonomous vehicles coming, get my stock back up, that's all I care about now.

ObieFox

Established Member

You speak the truth DBK. My gut and bet has always been that we will never see a new GT500. Ford is literally facing an existential threat and things are getting worse by the day. I believe it is over, but I hope I am wrong.

Osiris

Established Member
Hahahaha.....

Raj Nair wasn't the key to all things Ford Performance. The car is still coming. Ford can clearly see that there is a business case for the GT500.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread