Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
I like the fact that he is considering street legal drag pac.
hopefully no EV involved but I guess it's the way of the future.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The 1le is a “better value” than a gt350r in the same way a Hyundai Genesis sedan is a better value than an E class.

But which one is better to drive?

This is why performance numbers don’t case close a comparison.

A gt350r is not only faster than a 1le is basically every way save 0-30mph, it’s also a more rewarding and communicative/engaging driving experience in every way.

The 1le is great $10 cheap whiskey, and leaves a mild hang over. Drink some water and you’ll be ok.

The gt350r is great mid shelf whiskey that punches smooth like burbon. If it’s not your first rodeo, no hangover, and you’re only spending about $15.

The 911R is gods lamb, but it’s $29.99 and you don’t wanna get that deep in a habit until everything else is good to go financially.

Edit* market demand puts the gt350r closer to $19.99 I guess, but it’s still damn good for the price of its piers like a bmw 6 series, an Audi rs5, or a bmw m4.

Not to take anything away from a 1LE, it’s great. Chevy has speed covered, now they need to focus on feel/engagement.

If it’s only about the best numbers for the cheapest price, we’d all be bowing down to bullet bikes and junkyard builds. You can get a fox bucket to run 8’s or lap leguna around 1:35 for $15k. Doesn’t mean it’s a big deal.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope people don't take that at face value and think the GT500 will run 9s in the quarter.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

conceptmachine

Established Member
I doubt the GT500 will run race fuel. I can see it giving the demon a run for its money on the street on 93.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Posted on the other Mustang forum,..............................

2020?? For crying out loud! If we have to wait two more years before the thing is released, it had better be a supercar slayer. I'm talking put the 675LT back on the trailer and give the 720S night terrors. For a car that I suspect has been in the works since the S550 program started, there's no excuse for it to come up short.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2020?? For crying out loud! If we have to wait two more years before the thing is released, it had better be a supercar slayer. I'm talking put the 675LT back on the trailer and give the 720S night terrors. For a car that I suspect has been in the works since the S550 program started, there's no excuse for it to come up short.

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying there would be no excuse for the new GT500 to fall short of the 720S?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying there would be no excuse for the new GT500 to fall short of the 720S?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Nearly 10 years of development? What would be the excuse? "Are you ****ing kidding me" is the same type of shit people used to say before the GT350R existed. Just saying.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nearly 10 years of development? What would be the excuse? "Are you ****ing kidding me" is the same type of shit people used to say before the GT350R existed. Just saying.

GT500 ($75k-ish) vs. Mclaren 720S ($300k).

Power to weight on a 720S is just under 4lbs per horsepower; meaning the new GT500 will need to have about 950hp (3800#). That's not going to happen.

Not to mention the advantages of a mid vs. front engine.

Voltwings

Established Member
I hope people don't take that at face value and think the GT500 will run 9s in the quarter.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

People are already convinced if it doesn't run 8s in reverse it's a total failure, so you may as well just let them get used to disappointment on that front.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
GT500 ($75k-ish) vs. Mclaren 720S ($300k).

Power to weight on a 720S is just under 4lbs per horsepower; meaning the new GT500 will need to have about 950hp (3800#). That's not going to happen.

Not to mention the advantages of a mid vs. front engine.

You're only looking at straight line acceleration. I'm talking total performance. And in today's performance climate, talking prices is all but irrelevant unless you're into rubbing dashboards. The GT3 costs nearly 3x as much as a GT350R, yet, according to Ford, they're neck-and-neck in performance. The R was nearly a full second faster than "Godzilla" around Laguna Seca. That's something that's supposed to be all but impossible for nearly any car to hear fanboys tell it, much less a Mustang.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're only looking at straight line acceleration. I'm talking total performance. And in today's performance climate, talking prices is all but irrelevant unless you're into rubbing dashboards. The GT3 costs nearly 3x as much as a GT350R, yet, according to Ford, they're neck-and-neck in performance. The R was nearly a full second faster than "Godzilla" around Laguna Seca. That's something that's supposed to be all but impossible for any car, much less a Mustang.

Ok, homie.

Voltwings

Established Member
You're only looking at straight line acceleration. I'm talking total performance. And in today's performance climate, talking prices is all but irrelevant unless you're into rubbing dashboards. The GT3 costs nearly 3x as much as a GT350R, yet, according to Ford, they're neck-and-neck in performance. The R was nearly a full second faster than "Godzilla" around Laguna Seca. That's something that's supposed to be all but impossible for nearly any car to hear fanboys tell it, much less a Mustang.

I see what you're saying, but i feel like you're just committed to your Hyperbole at this point...

A mid engine, Carbon fiber monocoque, SLA front suspension (alone enough to beat the macpherson mustang), active aero, 3000 lb, already has a DCT (not just speculated to have one), 80 treadwear pirelli Corsa tires stock ... Vs a mustang, however good it may be? No.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'd rather the people from Shelby didn't say anything at all. The ZL1/1LE is what I'm hoping had more influence rather than a ****ing Demon.

Maybe there are 2 versions of this car coming, or two options. Drag pack or track pack. IDK, just taking a stab at it. Tough to guess what ford is doing.
Would be very cool if they offered them like this, then everyone would get their fill. I remember DBK saying Ford wasn't interested in building cars with slicks and skinnies...so...IDK, just seems odd this fella would bring up a demon and say 'in spades'

Users who are viewing this thread