Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
True. The GT500 will be a complete and utter failure. Bring on the fully automated pods I say!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
There is no way a 5.2 liter engine will come close to 800bhp with a super charger. Dodge has a 6.2 and huge 2.7 litre super charger to do that. FAIL.

What rpms does that motor turn? I wouldn’t be surprised if this motor spins higher and guaranteed the heads will flow like crazy.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The weird thing is the 6G watermark. They did that with the gentleman that discovered the error on Motorcraft's site and then posted the images he had. The ones I posted were mine and were only posted here.
Not to change the subject Tob, but didn’t Travis mention something about watermarks on our stuff? Need to look into that honestly.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
There is no way a 5.2 liter engine will come close to 800bhp with a super charger. Dodge has a 6.2 and huge 2.7 litre super charger to do that. FAIL.
Well, again you have to see what the engine makes NA and I'm not sure that 6.2 Hemi or 6.1 LS makes more than a 5.2 Voodoo style engine. The 5.2 has an easy 1000rpm on the others and rpm builds power. Plus that TVS2650 likely flows as well as or better the Demon 2.7 IHI blower.
TiVCT also allows Ford to run a strong cam for the cubes, and the 755hp teased by the '18 dash should be easily doable with a 5.2/TVS2650.
-J

conceptmachine

Established Member
There’s no question the 5.2 CAN make big power, question is, how much will ford want out of it for a track car and what will pass emissions?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Let me rephrase....no way 5.2 liter with with a blower will make 800bhp AND come with a factory warranty or pass emissions. But GO FOR IT!!!!

Look I hope it does. I hope this car kicks ass. I hope a month from now we will all be drooling over the specs and then moaning about the dealer markups.

Dusten

Established Member
Similar head flow. More RPMS. More efficient blower. More boost. DCT. I can see 750+ without much issue.

Remember, HP is a function of torque and RPM. A positive displacement blower, and the correct cams will create the torque needed to translate to hp at the higher rpms.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Why would you even have doubts?

Chevy 7L V8 - 505HP
Ford 5.2L V8 - 526HP

Chevy 6.2L SC V8 (ZL1) - 580HP to 650HP
Ford 5.8L SC V8 - 662HP

Chevy 6.2L SC V8 ('19 ZR1) - 755HP
Ford 5.2L SC V8 ('19 GT500) - rumored 755HP

Ford has proven time and again that, whether NA or FI, they can do more with less with their engines. I'm not even going to bother covering FCA and the lackluster NA output from their huge engines.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Let me rephrase....no way 5.2 liter with with a blower will make 800bhp AND come with a factory warranty or pass emissions. But GO FOR IT!!!!

Look I hope it does. I hope this car kicks ass. I hope a month from now we will all be drooling over the specs and then moaning about the dealer markups.

I think you would be happier with a Dodge.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Why does it have to have 800hp?
720hp and 3800lbs that runs corners all with warranty would be killer. And way better than either hc or demon for pure driving experience.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread