Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
It would just be nice if Ford would stop dickng around and have a press release about the car. I would be cool with them just making announcement about when they're going to make an announcement. I'm not picky; throw me a bone.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
2019 gt500 king of the road

2018 mustang bullitt

Both would be 50 year anniversary specials.

That’s my bet anyways. It’d be a huge win if they made a boss 429 specialty model too. I don’t see it happening but if a Coletti of the modern day was at Ford, it could be done.

Recon

Established Member
It would just be nice if Ford would stop dickng around and have a press release about the car. I would be cool with them just making announcement about when they're going to make an announcement. I'm not picky; throw me a bone.

I agree. It’s getting rather tiresome to read all these articles on what’s rumored to be under the hood. Wish ford would just end all the speculation and spill the beans on what’s under the hood.
I think it would be funny as hell if ford would troll everyone and say the new GT500 has the Trinity in it with the 2.65L Eaton.

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member

2018 mustang bullitt]

That’s my bet anyways. It’d be a huge win if they made a boss 429 specialty model too. I don’t see it happening but if a Coletti of the modern day was at Ford, it could be done.

For a true KR anniversary it would need to be 2018, as the original KR was a 1968, and the 2008's were the 40th anniversary model (as designated by their badging). The 09 KR's were predominately export models (Canada & overseas) as add on's and lost the anniversary designation.

Personally, I wish SAI would not have had 2009's (apologies to those 09 owners)

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member

2018 mustang bullitt

There was no such thing as a 1968 Mustang Bullitt. The first Mustang Bullit was in this in 2001, so it's the 17th anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Wish ford would just end all the speculation and spill the beans on what’s under the hood.

The beans have been spilled. It's a S/C 5.2L V8. The major unknown now is the power output. All we can be sure of is that it's probably going to be more than 662HP and definitely more than 650HP.

DepWraith

Established Member
Wouldn't count on the 7 speed DCT, too costly. Look for it to have the same 10 speed auto they developed with Chevy which is offered in the ZL1.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cali- the last kr was the 1969 iirc, I think this will be the last gt500 for a generation or two.

50 year anniversary of the 1968 movie, but the 2001 bullit in blue is a sexy car. I could go for that color on an s550-2

johnkn

Established Member
The original GT500KR was a 1968.5 car to coincide with the mid-year release of the 428CJ motor. It was only a 1968.5 car.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
An easter egg in one of the dash photos suggests it could be 01/12/2018.

That puts it right before NAIAS.

Edit:had wrong date

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1968.5 it was, I had forgotten the info but once I heard the 1968.5 it refreshed my memory.

My mistake.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
An easter egg in one of the dash photos suggests it could be 01/12/2018.

That puts it right before NAIAS.

Edit:had wrong date

DBK dropped a hint not to waste my time going there. So I don’t think it’s gonna debut there. What show is before NAIAS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nothing that I know of.

But didn't the 350 drop right before LA?

Can’t remember when it dropped. Just speculating but I’m wondering if not in January if it would drop at the Chicago Auto show in February? Rumors I’ve heard the Bullitt will drop next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread