Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

SlowSVT

Established Member
What was told is that one version will run for 19 and 20 and there will be another with more HP and sophistication coming for ‘21. Not sure what sophistication means but Its what was told. It may just be an updated version of the prior, anyone’s guess at this point but it was told it would be a while before that one is announced (maybe 2020 MY)

The next up will have HP in the 760+ area but not demon power, more like ZR1 area..maybe more. 4000 lbs...a little less. Some form of auto, maybe DCT. The guy relaying the tid bits is very excited for it, more than I thought he would be after he got an update from his source. it’s gonna haul ass in corners and straights, brutally fast. All while drinking your favorite beverage.

What engine platform will Ford utilize to achieve 760+ hp?

conceptmachine

Established Member
All I know is what was relayed. DCT, 760+, around 3800 lbs. 305 up front, 315 rears, CF in some key locations. Motor specifics were never mentioned.
In the leaked oil document from Roush? It read: 5.2 Supercharged GT500
This was on a 2020 MY document. Could have been made up. All just speculation, but hopefully we know in less than 2 months.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
What engine platform will Ford utilize to achieve 760+ hp?

I just saw a rumor that the '19 Raptor will/may get a 7L V8. It could possibly be shared with a new GT500. That's no doubt vaporware, but a NA 427cid GT500 would certainly be interesting.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I just saw a rumor that the '19 Raptor will/may get a 7L V8. It could possibly be shared with a new GT500. That's no doubt vaporware, but a NA 427cid GT500 would certainly be interesting.
That rumor has been around since before the Gen2 hit showroom floors. It was a huge article on Horse Power Kings...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Top of blower case? Looks legit...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgt500%20new.jpg

yenko boy

Established Member
All I know is what was relayed. DCT, 760+, around 3800 lbs. 305 up front, 315 rears, CF in some key locations. Motor specifics were never mentioned.
In the leaked oil document from Roush? It read: 5.2 Supercharged GT500
This was on a 2020 MY document. Could have been made up. All just speculation, but hopefully we know in less than 2 months.
That sounds like the comination for a 100k mustang. The gt350r is over 3700lbs so with coolers, blower and beefier parts probably closer to 4,000lbs. 760hp sounds awesome but with the ford gt only being 647 do you really think the top mustang is gonna come out that crazy? 680ish sounds more realistic.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That sounds like the comination for a 100k mustang. The gt350r is over 3700lbs so with coolers, blower and beefier parts probably closer to 4,000lbs. 760hp sounds awesome but with the ford gt only being 647 do you really think the top mustang is gonna come out that crazy? 680ish sounds more realistic.
The GT isn't Ford's power pinnacle though. The '13 GT500 already has the FGT beat in that arena. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the GT500 curb stomps the FGT in power numbers.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Something was mentioned about having to flip the supercharged upside down, this was a while ago.
Yanko Boy, my base GT350R is closer to 3650 lbs than 3700 lbs. Add 150 for supercharger, also there is talk of additional weight savings with CF and aluminum, but thats just it, talk. When weight came up at 3800 lbs, the fella just said, that sounds about right. THis may or may not be the first one that hits next, this may be the one for 2021. I too was thinking 4000 lb range, but was floored when he said 3800 lbs sounds right. I would think that is for the gutted out version. Who knows at this point, all just speculation.

yenko boy

Established Member
Something was mentioned about having to flip the supercharged upside down, this was a while ago.
Yanko Boy, my base GT350R is closer to 3650 lbs than 3700 lbs. Add 150 for supercharger, also there is talk of additional weight savings with CF and aluminum, but thats just it, talk. When weight came up at 3800 lbs, the fella just said, that sounds about right. THis may or may not be the first one that hits next, this may be the one for 2021. I too was thinking 4000 lb range, but was floored when he said 3800 lbs sounds right. I would think that is for the gutted out version. Who knows at this point, all just speculation.

Interesting, well I hope your specs are correct because it will be a mean machine.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Top of blower case? Looks legit...

View attachment 1447246

Thanks for the pic! She's a tight fit! :) Looks good!

If so, it looks like it's an up-side down setup. Which also leads one to believe dual fuel

I was thinking the same thing Willie. Is there a car that currently has that combo of supercharger and direct injection? Sounds like a lot going on with sensors and computers, but as long as she runs smooth and makes more power, I don't give a rip :) I suppose it would help with mileage emissions

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking the same thing Willie. Is there a car that currently has that combo of supercharger and direct injection? Sounds like a lot going on with sensors and computers, but as long as she runs smooth and makes more power, I don't give a rip :) I suppose it would help with mileage emissions

I was thinking of the new 3L Whipple going on Lethal's '18 5.0.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
2020 Ford document that shows 5.2 SC GT500 lists a 7.3L gas engine. The previous 6.2 SOHC V8 architecture could easily support 7.3L so I REALLY hope they took the 6.2 where it was destined to go.
That engine has more potential than anything I've seen if they would want to with DOHC and 7+L.
I had an Engine Masters application submitted and accepted for a 427 SOHC build off the 6.2 back in 2013 before our engine builder flaked out. Would've been fun.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, lots of talk about the 2650 but who knows it may be something else.
TVS is OEM quality and can support the power. I doubt we would ever see Whipple from OEM. Can't think of any other supercharger that could match OEM specs.
I'm on board with 5.2 TVS2650 with DCT and 350R like packaging!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread