Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So question: *IF* the GT500 is as hardcore as we think it could be, what role will the GT350 play? I hope they keep producing both but realistically would it make sense to do so?

dlaude

Established Member
I thought I had read that there would be a GT350 for model year 2019, but I went to "build and price" a Mustang yesterday on Ford.com, there was no Shelby variant. That's not to say they won't add one later, but currently there's no option.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 2019 GT350 is real.

upload_2018-7-12_8-33-44.png

paluka21

Established Member
I thought I had read that there would be a GT350 for model year 2019, but I went to "build and price" a Mustang yesterday on Ford.com, there was no Shelby variant. That's not to say they won't add one later, but currently there's no option.

Perhaps, but there will be a 2019 GT350 MY. You've probably read this article or similar ones, however Ford has enhancements for the 2019 MY.

Ford debuts upgraded 2019 Shelby GT350 Mustang

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm still wondering if there's going to be a '19 GT350R. With the enhancements they made to the standard GT350 (aero, Sport Cup 2 tires, etc.), an R would seem redundant. That is, unless they're also making upgrades to the R. But what would that mean for the GT500? I'm beginning to doubt it's going to be the track monster I was hoping it would be.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm still wondering if there's going to be a '19 GT350R. With the enhancements they made to the standard GT350 (aero, Sport Cup 2 tires, etc.), an R would seem redundant. That is, unless they're also making upgrades to the R. But what would that mean for the GT500? I'm beginning to doubt it's going to be the track monster I was hoping it would be.

There will be an R.

What if,....................the new GT500 is actually the 2019 GT350R car, but only better/faster?!?
**mind blown** lol

Nope.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Hello? Any info out there? It's getting lonely out here.....

at this point i am more interested in how your dieting is going? **** this stupid car bullshit. i am completely over it and honestly could care less what happens with it at this point. we know what it will look like (an S550/gt350 with some aero things bolted on, maybe a wing on the trunk, maybe some cooling vents, maybe some nicer interior stuff, etc), it will have a ridiculous price tag, it will probably be faster than the last one, they will put shelby's name on it even tho he had nothing to do with it and will never even lay eyes on it (enter the people who want to argue he had nothing to do with the last one either), blahblahblahblahblah. what else is there to know? i don't blame ford for not wasting any money on marketing- there is nothing to market. so we have not seen one without a car cover or camo on it, big whoop. you think once it is revealed it is going to look much different from what we have already seen? you don't shave a dog and then it becomes a cat ya know! maybe a dumb analogy but the point is the point. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa **** IT!

Clemson

Established Member
at this point i am more interested in how your dieting is going? **** this stupid car bullshit. i am completely over it and honestly could care less what happens with it at this point. we know what it will look like (an S550/gt350 with some aero things bolted on, maybe a wing on the trunk, maybe some cooling vents, maybe some nicer interior stuff, etc), it will have a ridiculous price tag, it will probably be faster than the last one, they will put shelby's name on it even tho he had nothing to do with it and will never even lay eyes on it (enter the people who want to argue he had nothing to do with the last one either), blahblahblahblahblah. what else is there to know? i don't blame ford for not wasting any money on marketing- there is nothing to market. so we have not seen one without a car cover or camo on it, big whoop. you think once it is revealed it is going to look much different from what we have already seen? you don't shave a dog and then it becomes a cat ya know! maybe a dumb analogy but the point is the point. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa **** IT!

You mad bro?

LOLOLOL, sorry, had to.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
You mad bro?

LOLOLOL, sorry, had to.

LOL LOL LOL LOL no worries....

just havin some fun, tryin to inject a little bit of life into a dead topic is all. LOL

truth be told though- i really don't give 2 shits about this car anymore. there are way too many studs on the road at this point. by the time it comes out (if it ever does) it will not have the best of anything other than the best ADM. LOL

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
congrats buddy! best news this thread has to offer! lol lol lol
Well i have officially knocked half a second off my future Quarter Mile time. I'm honestly going to turn into a scarecrow before I see the car I think.
Good thing you guys are not Porsche fans. They take 4 to 7 years between their top performance cars all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread