Anyone else experience this...

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
hmm i too have the same problem, i also find that if i go at hiway speeds and keep it at a steady low r at light throttle it makes the same noise, it does it when i start up and it is cold, then i wanna say anything over 2500 rpms it goes away, and it wont do it as much warmed up but i can finesse it to do it, please figure it out, cause it pisses me off, doesnt kill my hp but kills my head

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
That's my number one suspect! I have to find out if my car has a speedo cable

no speedo cable, mine had a tick but started running 5w-50 castrol syntec and all noises went away on second oil change. mine had valvetrain noise and sounded like a bad valve guide-same description as you, but after switching oil car was perfect

slow96mystic

Established Member
Mine had a similar issue. I pulled the motor and found out that the #8 piston ring lands were cracked. I guess my noise was caused by the rings.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
no speedo cable, mine had a tick but started running 5w-50 castrol syntec and all noises went away on second oil change. mine had valvetrain noise and sounded like a bad valve guide-same description as you, but after switching oil car was perfect

Was the noise constant or only at certain RPM's?

Mine had a similar issue. I pulled the motor and found out that the #8 piston ring lands were cracked. I guess my noise was caused by the rings.

Same question, Was the noise constant or only at certain RPM's?

CJK440

Established Member
Do these motors suffer from piston slap at all??

I'm wondering if anybody has the issue with aftermarket rotating assy's.

Users who are viewing this thread