Anyone dyno less than 400rwhp with JUST a CAI and catback?

Any Terminator dyno less than 400rwhp with JUST a CAI and catback??

• Yes

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
friends made 345 stock, 377 cold air, 395 w/ xpipe but with 13.5 a/f with faulty 02 sensor..........redyno soon, should be easy 400 rwhp with no other changes

whtsnake03

Established Member
I will be dynoing in about 2 weeks with a K&N and Magnaflow Catback. I'll let you know what I get.

I'm hoping I get below 400 so I have an excuse to add a pully. :)

Redwing

Established Member
Back in May, with 24000m on the car, I dynoed 388HP and 387 tq. Same day, same dyno, 2 other Cobras did 401, 377 (yes, identical). My AF was very rich. The tech said maybe colder plugs would get me higher.
Only mods were Stinger and Densecharger.
Haven't yet dynoed the new car.
Steve

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
421 RWHP & 391 RWTQ (DynoJet)

Dynomax Ultraflow Cat-back & Pro-M Air Filter (open element, no shielding).

I have not dynoed it with my K&N AirCharger yet.

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I pulled 412 RWHP with just the K&N FIPK and stock exhaust set up!!! I have the proof and a witness member of this site. UNBELEAVABLE, but so true!!!!

PhantomX

Established Member
398/365 with ONLY K&N FIPK, Just added some Flowmaster weld ins and we'll see how she does, shouldn't have a problem getting the extra 2hp with the flows on there now!!

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
K&N and Magnaflow cat back, pulled 413rwhp & 375rwtq SAE. Uncorrected was 430rwhp. I'm happy for now. Will dyno again next week with my pulley and tune. :D

RiffRaff04

Established Member
The first trip to the dyno was with the Magnaflow cb only it was 376rwhp/362rwtq. Then I put on my K&N FIPK and Magnaflow x-pipe w/ cats and got 415rwhp/385rwtq.

JaKaL

Established Member
Voted No

Just hit the dyno yesterday; a few weeks after putting on the Steeda CB = 412/400

Here's the graph

Edit: Tune from James + tailpipe sniffer. A/F a little off on the lean side but am investigating reliability of the dyno A/F data. We had a guy run his wideband at the same time and the results don't compare well.

Last edited:

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. Those of you who dyno'ed 400+, was your car tuned? Everyone, did you get a tailpipe A/F ratio reading, or through the o2 bung?

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Haven't dynoed yet, but I got a Magnaflow catback on the car now and a JLT intake comming next week. What kind of dynos are you guys using? That makes a significant difference. For example, mustang dynos tend to read lower than a dynojet.

Users who are viewing this thread