Anyone dyno less than 400rwhp with JUST a CAI and catback?

Any Terminator dyno less than 400rwhp with JUST a CAI and catback??

• Yes

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Either way, please list your numbers with just these two mods. Thanks...

On edit: I don't mind the guys with X pipes chiming in at all, but those who vote, please only have a CAI and catback.;-)

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
there are some people in the 390's with the two...perhaps some in the 380's. After the chip and pulley, every car is within 10-15 hp usually.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Im heading to the dyno at 1500 miles right after my oil change. I started this thread to see what numbers I should be satisfied with, with just the K&N FIPK and the Magnaflow catback.

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
My Horsepower with CAI & Exhaust only!

My 2004 Cobra got 387 rwhp with Steeda CAI and a Magnaflow "X" pipe and a Magnaflow CAT back.

GLWBEAR

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Re: My Horsepower with CAI & Exhaust only!

Originally posted by GLWBEAR
My 2004 Cobra got 387 rwhp with Steeda CAI and a Magnaflow "X" pipe and a Magnaflow CAT back.

GLWBEAR

How many miles did you dyno with? For your mods, those numbers seem kind of low from what I've seen. I don't mean it in a rude way, I was just under the impression if I dyno'd under 400rwhp with my mods, the numbers would be below average. That may not be the case.;-)

HairyCanary

Established Member
387 does seem on the low side a bit. Everything I have seen so far indicates that the stock H-pipe is not a restriction, at least not until higher horsepower levels. I find that interesting, but I'm glad to hear it because I've heard Cobras with non-stock midpipes and they tend to be too loud for my tastes.

PDubs

Established Member
Originally posted by HairyCanary
387 does seem on the low side a bit. Everything I have seen so far indicates that the stock H-pipe is not a restriction, at least not until higher horsepower levels. I find that interesting, but I'm glad to hear it because I've heard Cobras with non-stock midpipes and they tend to be too loud for my tastes.
I'm starting to buy into this stock h-pipe idea. Most people on here seem to dyno about 10-20hp more than mine with just CAI + c/b. I added both and an xpipe at the same time and came out with around 405hp. I'm guessing I prolly should've waited for the xpipe until I shove more air in there, but oh well. It's on now rather than later. :)

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Originally posted by PDubs
I'm guessing I prolly should've waited for the xpipe until I shove more air in there, but oh well.

Exactly my thougts, but you're right, you have the X pipe for down the road.:coolman:

x14

Established Member
I did 390 with MAC catback and a Predator. Got 403 when I added a Steeda Cold Air Kit.

Kimcobra

Established Member
388rwhp 379rwtq on a mustangdyno with just a Bassani catback and Steeda CAI,and 1600 miles on the clock.A friend put down 404rwhp & 384rwtq the same day with is 03 vert,K&N FIPK,catted x-pipe and stinger catback.I think the guys useing the dynojets are showing a little more power.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
395.9RWHP/375.4RWTQ on Mustang Dyno @ ~83 degrees, ~85% humidity

Only mod: C&L Performance 95mm MAF Kit

Can't wait to see what a Stinger does for it :-D

:thumbsup:

(Check sig for dyno charts, link to mod, etc)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread