Anyone done a ls swap in a new edge?

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Looking for some help on doing a LS swap into my 2000 GT...wanting to go carbed, no power steering and no a/c...looking for an LS1 to swap into it..has anyone else done this? ANY help id greatly appreciated

scottydsntknow

Established Member
There's an entire forum on the corral dedicated to this sort of stuff. Its called mixed breed tech. Search around in there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Just be aware, they are amazing platforms but they are not the "god" engine that it seems everyone claims they are to the point of getting legit angry when someone points out there are other viable alternatives.

I mean for an all aluminum NA build its hard to beat. When power adders start getting thrown into the mix I don't see the point unless you just want to be a unique and individual snowflake... which you won't be because this is becoming a VERY common swap. Once boost comes into the mix its just as cheap if not cheaper (no swap parts) to drop in a built teksid with some stage 2 or 3 PI heads/cams with 20+ psi and hello 700+hp. If you go 4V or the 2V TFS heads it can get really silly.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Well they also have the cast block ls motors...im looking at going N/A everyone in my mustang club just gave me sh!t out the ass..bad! haha saying they can make 500 rwhp on a stock bottom end 302 with jsut heads cam and intake...HA!

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
Re

For the money its hard to beat a LSX Series motor.I brought an 04 mustang and plan on doing a LS3 Turbo swap.Doing it for the Wow factor really,otherwise I would just go with a 4.6

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Rofl, I'd join a new club, sounds like you've got a bunch of real winners in that one. Yeah if you want to stay NA, its hard to really compete with a modular motor. With that said, I don't see why anyone would stay NA when a turbo/supercharged built modular will assrape just about anything you'll come across while retaining stock street manners and not requiring any swap parts.

But if you want to do the LSX swap there is so much support for it nowadays and hand holding walkthroughs out there that all the guesswork is gone. Plenty of places make swap K-members/headers and the LSX pretty much just drops in at that point. Hardest part is the computer but you can just run a standalone for that if you want.

Edit: LS3 turbo swap is a good deal for the guy doing it but unless one needs more than 700whp its much cheaper/easier to do the 2V

Last edited:

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
Like me I Would be happy with an 03 04 Mystic with a hell raiser kit,However Mystic cobras are $$$$.So my next best option is to build a mystic Fobra (LOL) and swap a ls3 turbo in it.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Pfft build a Fobra with an all aluminum Teksid for cheaper and have a stronger block to boot. 2V built teksid pushing 22 psi out of a turbo will get you 600-700whp all day on 93 octane.

If you for some reason need more power than that get some C heads and build a 4V.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Look up the guy called stangkiller on youtube..rapes mustangs all day long haha and yea dude if you have a price on that ls let me know! text me at 3363066865!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Why not just buy a car with an ls motor in it already??? Isnt that easier then putting it in a mustang?

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
Why not just buy a car with an ls motor in it already??? Isnt that easier then putting it in a mustang?

Because the LS Cars are disgusting looking(Besides the corvette). I work on them all the time,Love the motors hate the way the cars look.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Look up the guy called stangkiller on youtube..rapes mustangs all day long haha and yea dude if you have a price on that ls let me know! text me at 3363066865!

And one day he'll come up against a Mustang or something else that will hand his ass to him. Someone out there is always faster. I would have loved to see this guy go up against a few of the 9 second street legal turbo modulars that I've seen. Built autos, setup to go fast as *** in a straight line, 22+psi etc...

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
There is a black '00 GT on yellowbullit.com that has an LSX swap blow through carb and turbo. Not a bad set up.

Users who are viewing this thread