Anyone daily drive their Term? MPG

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
im closer then ever to getting a terminator again, ive got one thing im kinda concerned over. ill be buying it as a daily driver, i work 5 miles away.

what kinda mileage are you getting? i know there rated 16/22, i never calibrated mine. i know it was bad with how i drove it, but anyone who somewhat daily drives it and doesnt just take it out to hammer it, how does it do?

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
They get very decent mileage, all things considered, IF ( and it's a BIG IF) you keep your foot out of them.

I've gotten 25MPG on several long road trips, no problem.

You're driving 5 miles away and you're concerned about gas mileage. :lol: I drive 25 miles each way to work and I get 13-15 in the mornings because of all the stop and go traffic. When I head home on the highway its about 16 - 18. I've never seen better than 19-20 on the highway. And that was without going into boost. I seriously don't know how guys get over 22 on the highway. :shrug:

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
I have a 15 mile commute and no matter what I do I always average around 18. Also, I'm in boost whenever I can :D

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
When I head home on the highway its about 16 - 18. I've never seen better than 19-20 on the highway. And that was without going into boost. I seriously don't know how guys get over 22 on the highway. :shrug:

Exactly, I just shake my head when anyone says 25 mpg & above...:nonono:

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
thanks for the input..

yea im worried about gas to an extent, i do drive more then just to work and back. my girlfriend hates drivin cause she has a fullsize truck, so i drive alot of the time. the little trips to get ice cream and whatnot in my 30 mpg city kia, will start hurting lol.

just considering all aspects.. when i had my cobra all of like 18 months ago, gas was about half what it is now.. so i didnt pay attention to gas much.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Used to average about 16, with a as usual heavy foot. Seems to have decreased somewhat with the pulley and tune.

divided

Established Member
You're driving 5 miles away and you're concerned about gas mileage. :lol: I drive 25 miles each way to work and I get 13-15 in the mornings because of all the stop and go traffic. When I head home on the highway its about 16 - 18. I've never seen better than 19-20 on the highway. And that was without going into boost. I seriously don't know how guys get over 22 on the highway. :shrug:

QFT. Same with my 03.

stevolikedevo

Established Member
I've never seen better than 19-20 on the highway. And that was without going into boost. I seriously don't know how guys get over 22 on the highway. :shrug:

I would get about 16mpg on the "highway" following Corey through the backroads on the east side doing anywhere from 60-90mph in 3rd-4th gear the whole way + some city driving. I got as much as 23 driving around the Olympic Peninsula at 80 mph in 6th for the whole tank of gas. :shrug:

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
im paying off some bills tomorrow, saves me a good amount of $ per month.. moves the car into a more comfortable zone.

im just waiting for the right one..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I get about 12mpg average now since the 60# and the pulleys went on. I daily drive mine from work (about 15 miles round trip) and up to Tacoma a lot on the weekends. It does much better of course on the highway probably seeing 18mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread