Anyone come from a GT500?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I think many make the assumption that weight is going to be problem on the upcoming GT500, in most cases, simply due to the addition of a supercharger and it's associated additional cooling hardware. Based on what I've heard about Ford testing with composites at a few key locations I'm confident you'll be surprised at how weight gets managed. The platform will also be the stiffest to date.

I fully expect to see the GT500 fitted with a carbon composite engine cradle and other lightweight bits throughout. Some are expecting (and almost seem excited for) it to be 4K lbs. I don't want to say that would be a fail, but I would not be happy about it. Personally, I expect it to come in under 3800 lbs. Under 3600 would be divine, but I know that's wishful thinking. Although, it would be kind of amusing for a top dog Mustang to weigh about the same as a top dog Corvette. (Does the Ecoboost weigh less than a C7 Z06?)

jlauth

Established Member
Anyone come from a Terminator to a GT350? My car is making 675 on E85 with a Whipple, and its been baby for 10 years now. I am 10 years older and the 600+ Hp is rarely used. But I do hate to lose the fun that the twin screw gives you on the street. Nothing like instant 600+ ftlbs. At this point though I fell like I want something more refined. My biggest struggle is the price of these cars and the price of the future Gt500. So much more invested then my Cobra (prob worth 25-27k now).

Users who are viewing this thread