anyone changed their vapor cannister

lastexit99

Established Member
I ordered a vapor cannsiter formy 96 cobra. I am getting the P1443 code and have changed the purge flow sensor and the solenoid, and I am still getting the CEL. So hte only other thing I've been told to change is the Vapor Cannister. I know you have to get into the inner fender to replace it. Anyone done that? How much of a pain in the ass am I looking at?

98BABCobra

Established Member
It's pretty easy to get to. Just have to remove the passenger side fender liner which is a few screws and plastic push pins/clips. Once you remove the liner the canister is right behind it and has two or three bolts holding it on.

stanggirl14

Established Member
It's pretty easy to get to. Just have to remove the passenger side fender liner which is a few screws and plastic push pins/clips. Once you remove the liner the canister is right behind it and has two or three bolts holding it on.

^ +1
It's not hard, but I had the same issue once, check the hoses going to the canister first, that was my problem and I had changed everything you did. When I got in behind the fender liner you could see the bad hose.
Might save some money over a canister if that's the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread