Anyone buy a 2016 gt roush phase 2

malibu78

Established Member
Stick GTPP no times yet. Same setup on YouTube with a great driver and street tires ran 10.84 I'm expecting with me driving mid 11'S. I did roll race my buddy's 2015 Zo6 only mod he had was a intake 30-120 I pulled (didn't get good traction what he told me) after 120 he slowly started to pull. I was extremely happy and he was shocked lol

Wow I am hearing that I will be lucky to get Mid elevens out of the phase 1 due to tuning. I hope that is not the case because my 2012 6m 3.73 car ran 11.69 with slicks and front runners. I would expect my new 6a car to run at least 125 mph in the 1/4. Your thoughts?

gremlinsteve

Established Member
I just took delivery of one
Nice car
No track times yet

I have also heard that the tune has severe torque management and will be a mid 11 car as is

I will be going to have it retuned soon at tss I believe and get her down into the mid tens like it should be

malibu78

Established Member
Subscribing for updates because I've been on the phone with Joe Meyers Ford out of Houston, contemplating the same....
I see in your sig 02 zo6. I had one with heads and cam. The stang feels as though it pulls harder from 3rd gear on. A6 car. 1st and 2nd are useless with the traction control on or off. The car spins like its on snow with it off and falls on its face with it on as it closes the throttle blade. The stang feels much more refined than the vette. Do realize the vette had 239 degrees f duration and 600 lift cam. The vette put 460 to the ground this one put 557 down the torque curve is flat all the way up to 7 k. I assume that's why the car feels refined where the vette came to life at about 4500

whiplash306

Established Member
I see in your sig 02 zo6. I had one with heads and cam. The stang feels as though it pulls harder from 3rd gear on. A6 car. 1st and 2nd are useless with the traction control on or off. The car spins like its on snow with it off and falls on its face with it on as it closes the throttle blade. The stang feels much more refined than the vette. Do realize the vette had 239 degrees f duration and 600 lift cam. The vette put 460 to the ground this one put 557 down the torque curve is flat all the way up to 7 k. I assume that's why the car feels refined where the vette came to life at about 4500
Awesome! You basically answered what I asked about in the other thread. Man, I'm so on the fence with this! Look fwd to hearing how you do at the track. Thank you for your thorough review thus far!

luv2spedup

Established Member
Who did you deal with? Nick? He's been AWESOME thus far, even though we haven't settled on a deal yet. What exactly did you order?

Yeah I dealt with Nic... He is good people..
I got a Race Red GT, with GT performance package and Rousch phase 1

gremlinsteve

Established Member
It's only got the three options
Black roof
Bad up sensors and the performance package

ITa had eibach a added along with a stripe kit and a flow master exhaust

malibu78

Established Member
If your order is taking longer than you like call Dana at Auto Park Ford in Bremen Indiana. I ordered a 17 and cancelled as Dana pulled out all the stops for me to get the car I wanted in two weeks. That dealer works with Brenspeed to do the blower install. Brent and George were so patient with me as I called them almost every day for a week. They have this package with an 80 mm pulley and different tune running 10.60's at 132. I will be calling them again as soon as the warranty is up. We are in metro detroit and we are entering the midwest heat season humid and low 90's. As we all know this make cars real lazy. My z lost 4 MPH between april and July last year. In April it is not uncommon to get Da's around 300 today it's 3100.

Users who are viewing this thread