Anyone buy a 2016 gt roush phase 2

NiceCobra

Established Member
I just saw on Facebook a ford dealer selling base model mustang Gts with the roush phase 2 727hp crank for 39,995
Has anyone had experience buying one new?
It really caught my attention and seems like a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceCobra

Established Member
Just wondering if the powertrain warranty would still be there

Zodiac

Established Member
Last edited:

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I actually ended up calling them and they said the same thing
Still seems like a decent deal tho

JasinEdward

Established Member
Kyle the Roush forum rep stated they are working on a warranty for the 727 tune.... I just cant see paying 1000 for a new tune, pulley, bap, and plugs... then losing the warranty.... if im gonna lose my warranty it will be for a much more agressive tune....

NiceCobra

Established Member
Kyle the Roush forum rep stated they are working on a warranty for the 727 tune.... I just cant see paying 1000 for a new tune, pulley, bap, and plugs... then losing the warranty.... if im gonna lose my warranty it will be for a much more agressive tune....
Exactly ,when I first saw the deal I really started to consider selling my tvs cobra
I would need to drive one first

malibu78

Established Member
Hey Fellas,

I just got done ordering mine a few minutes ago. I sold my z06 (c5) and got the inch again. 2017 Black 300a 3.55 gears only option. This is my first supercharged car. Any advice???

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey Fellas,

I just got done ordering mine a few minutes ago. I sold my z06 (c5) and got the inch again. 2017 Black 300a 3.55 gears only option. This is my first supercharged car. Any advice???

Forget about street tires you need to get a good set of 305/35/19's or 20's drag radials. It to easy to lose control of that power without them. Almost threw my car into a river accelerating in 3rd gear on gradual slight right curve if not for my driving skill and zero panic i would have been done. I had drag radials delivered in the next 3 days!

malibu78

Established Member
Thanks for the input I am considering the race star wheel and tire package from lethal performance. MH 17 inch dr and 18 x5 front runners. I am pretty experienced in drag racing. I have a G body that runs 9.40s on the juice. Just wanted to get some input on SC engines as this is my first. Had two Mid 11 sec Grand Nationals but again no SC cars. thanks again.

PowerAdderGT

Established Member
TQ management on the Roush tune will prevent any good times, that's why you don't see any posted up. Figure mid 11's on the Roush tune. A good custom tune will put you in the 10's.

1crazymach

Established Member
is it an auto or stick any times????

Stick GTPP no times yet. Same setup on YouTube with a great driver and street tires ran 10.84 I'm expecting with me driving mid 11'S. I did roll race my buddy's 2015 Zo6 only mod he had was a intake 30-120 I pulled (didn't get good traction what he told me) after 120 he slowly started to pull. I was extremely happy and he was shocked lol

Last edited:

1crazymach

Established Member
670HP with a 3yr/36k powertrain warranty sounds good to me!
Few Q's:
What exactly are the differences between the two?
Same charger, different pulley?
670HP Cali-Smog legal?
Phase 2 currently on a parts warranty. Has fuel management pulley plugs and a tune I believe

Users who are viewing this thread