Anyone been to Australia?

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
So i'm leaving this Thursday heading to Sydney for business. This will be my first time there, i've wanted to go for years now. I planned my trip for 2 hopefully 3 full personal days while i'm there. Not much time, I know. What are some must see and do things while i'm there?

BTW, client called me today and said it was 105*F in Sydney today!!!

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I've never been, but a friend of mine is leaving in two days to stay there for a month. Australia is definitely on my list of places i really want to go. Have fun.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
The hotel i'm staying at is within walking distance to Bondi Beach, not sure if its topless...:-D

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Ken IIRC you were in the medical field something about fixing MRI or CAT scan machines, just wondering if this is what your still doing. Hopefully one day ill be able to visit Australia I am jealous :beer: Hope you have a fun and exciting yet safe trip!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I went to Sydney and Melbourne on my way to and from the Great Barrier Reef. Bondi Beach is huge party town and as we approached by cab, people seemed to be coming from all over. It is also a big brothel town.

Be sure to go to the Harbor under the bride and across from the Opera House right before sundown! The moths come out and 3-foot bats come in by the thousand to eat them. Watch for the cloud coming into town from far away. Very cool!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Ken IIRC you were in the medical field something about fixing MRI or CAT scan machines, just wondering if this is what your still doing. Hopefully one day ill be able to visit Australia I am jealous :beer: Hope you have a fun and exciting yet safe trip!

Good memory Bryon, I work on radiation therapy machines. I'm going to Sydney to de-commission an old unit.

I went to Sydney and Melbourne on my way to and from the Great Barrier Reef. Bondi Beach is huge party town and as we approached by cab, people seemed to be coming from all over. It is also a big brothel town.

Be sure to go to the Harbor under the bride and across from the Opera House right before sundown! The moths come out and 3-foot bats come in by the thousand to eat them. Watch for the cloud coming into town from far away. Very cool!

Great info, thanks. Will def. check that out!

Will do Derek, I plan on taking plently of pics.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Australia.. EEWWWWWW !!!!!!!! SNAKES !!!!!!!! LOL J/K man. No, but really !! j/k .. Really.. SNAKES !!!!!!!

Gonna be a great time bro. Brothels ? hmmmm.. How many frequent flyer miles you got ????? lol.. PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I have been there before. Went for a month when I was 15 to stay with my aunt and uncle. Spent some time at the Gold Coast (Topless Beaches!) Brisbane, Sydney, and tooled around some other places as well.

Few things to know...

If you see a Hungry Jacks Restuarant, It's really Burger King.
If someone say's to you "Are You Right?" it means "Have you been Helped"
If you know some one that likes Opals then you cannot beat the prices on Opals in Australia.
Check out the Opera House, it's a stunning building to see in person.
If time allows, take a Hydrofoil Boat around the Harbor. Basically a boat that rises up on skiis once it get's up to speed and tours you around the Harbor. They may not do that anymore.
Zoo is a cool place to go since you chances of seeing a live Koala Bear, or duck billed platypus in the states are pretty rare.

Other then that just pick up some tourist info when you get there. I'll see if I can think up anything else. It was a Long time ago.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
That's an awesome work trip.

My only tip is watch out for spiders that are bigger than your feet and jellyfish that are smaller than your fingernails.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JR- plently of miles for another round trip ticket, lets go bro!

Tim- Great stuff, cheers mate! :beer:

Wow, let us know how it is, and take pictures! I've never been, but that is my 'dream vacation'. Seems like such an awesome area to visit.

Will do...its been a dream of mine as well, I cant wait!

That's an awesome work trip.

My only tip is watch out for spiders that are bigger than your feet and jellyfish that are smaller than your fingernails.

Thanks for the tip...spiders bigger then your feet???:eek:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
A client of mine is from Australia, so I asked him where he would send you...........

I would suggest:

1. Do the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb
2. Take the “Manly Ferry” to Manly beach ~40 mins (and enjoy the scenery on the way out and back)
3. Walk around “the Rocks” district (near circular quay)
4. Take a “River Cat” to Homebush bay to see the site of the Sydney 2000 Olympics
5. Go to “Darling Harbor” – lots of restaurants and shops.

That will keep him busy….

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
A client of mine is from Australia, so I asked him where he would send you...........

I would suggest:

1. Do the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb
2. Take the “Manly Ferry” to Manly beach ~40 mins (and enjoy the scenery on the way out and back)
3. Walk around “the Rocks” district (near circular quay)
4. Take a “River Cat” to Homebush bay to see the site of the Sydney 2000 Olympics
5. Go to “Darling Harbor” – lots of restaurants and shops.

That will keep him busy….

Awesome, thanks!

I know i'm going to regret not allowing for more personal time on this trip but atleast if I ever go back for vacation i'll have a better idea of what I'd like to see and do.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
I have been there before. Few things to know...

If you know some one that likes Opals then you cannot beat the prices on Opals in Australia.

Ken

I like opals, I have cooked for you,....A LOT and my birthday is coming up....jus sayin'

LOL

HAVE A FUN SAFE TRIP AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

Users who are viewing this thread