anyone actually running NGK plugs with a blower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
if you have NGK plugs on a blower motor COYOTE 5.0 (please dont tell me you run them in your 86 caddy or your moms 90 chevy pick up only coyote 5.0s) please do you have the proper part number for our motors? i use to run them in my lightning with no issues and shaun told me to use them with my paxton kit. i could just ask him but im sure others want to know as well. thanks.

alex12gt

Established Member
I run them with my tvs but couldnt tell ya the part number......you could just ask him then share it..

S197OnSpray

Established Member
Have you installed them yet? If so how do you like them?

I run the 6510's on my Paxton 5.0. I had the Ford Racing plugs in at first which is nothing more than a Ford Focus plug and had spark blow out issues at only 9 #'s of boost. Swapped to the NGK 6510's and all the high rpm issues I had went away immediately. Great plug, I'd recommend a set.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I run the 6510's on my Paxton 5.0. I had the Ford Racing plugs in at first which is nothing more than a Ford Focus plug and had spark blow out issues at only 9 #'s of boost. Swapped to the NGK 6510's and all the high rpm issues I had went away immediately. Great plug, I'd recommend a set.

I've run those plugs at 17psi with E85, gapped to .030". What gap did you have them at?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Probably .034" for that psi range. Idle gets a little rough if your gap is tight.

01bluesnake

Established Member
NGK are great plugs, been running them in all the boosted cars without issue. People tend to go with a .030" gap because it works. The problem is it isn't the most efficient gap. The bigger gap you can run, the better spark and power you will make by creating a better burn in the cylinder. I typically increase the gap till i get spark blow out and go back down by .005" or so. If doing this, use a plug like the IX that wont wear fast and increase the gap after some use like the standard copper plugs will.

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
I run the same NGK's on my Paxton coyote as well, gapped to .032, runs great, much better than when I had initially re-gapped the stockers .032. Also, I'm running the base 3.8 pulley.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the 6510's are what we run, and what we recommend on the blower cars.

it's one heat range colder than stock and exactly what you want on these cars

S197OnSpray

Established Member
I've run those plugs at 17psi with E85, gapped to .030". What gap did you have them at?

I ran them at .032. There are 2 problems I had with the frpp plugs. The plug is .026" shorter than the stock plug and from talking with a couple of engine builders, I was told the stock plugs already sit pretty high up in the 5.0 4V cylinder head. The Focus plug only makes that worse, the frpp plug part numbers can be cross referenced to an SVT Focus. The other issue I had was on 3 of the plugs the ground strap and electrode were off center by quite a bit which is most likely what caused the spark blow out. Basically the spark was at an angle. Maybe I just got a bad set but I put in the NGK's and my motor hasn't skipped a beat since. I did come across 2 other people on the interweb who have had the exact same issue I had with them. However some have used them with no issue so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread