Anybody with Stainless works exhaust?

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Just wondering if anybody on here has the stainless works exhaust setup. It seems that everybody gets the gt500's, so I don't so much want them, so you don't need to recommend it. I am looking to see if anyone has this exhaust setup and can comment on the sound in person! I did alot of searching online to find all types of videos for all exhausts. My final 2 choices are the BORLA S-TYPE catback and the Stainless works retro-catback with Stainless works X-pipe. I really appreciate anybody who has this setup and can let me know what they think of it. ALSO if anybody has heard each which one did you prefer? I want something that sounds mean/aggressive and decently loud.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
i knew someone with a 03 cobra with stainless works exhaust and it was by far the meanest and loudest exhaust i have ever heard. i think it was almost as loud as the SLP
LM1's we have on ours. if it wasnt so pricey i would go for the stainless works.
it was a full 3 inch system from longtubes back. absolute orgasmic sound

SVTCobra60

Established Member
That sounds great, and yes I've listened to the vids online of the full system on a 2011 and it sounds incredible

drewzx3

Established Member
I heard the gt500 in person today with offroad x and it did sound really good.Here's mine through the stock h pipe.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb78T83dRTo"]2011 mustang gt 5.0 stainless works exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

SVTCobra60

Established Member
i knew someone with a 03 cobra with stainless works exhaust and it was by far the meanest and loudest exhaust i have ever heard. i think it was almost as loud as the SLP
LM1's we have on ours. if it wasnt so pricey i would go for the stainless works.
it was a full 3 inch system from longtubes back. absolute orgasmic sound

i have the SW catback on the stock H pipe. it sounds pretty awesome IMO. the video doesn't do it justice. it is loud but its not obnoxious and it doesn't drone. I want to get the LTs and X pipe one day. here is the vid.

Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback 2012 Mustang GT - YouTube

Sounds great man, I know I would love to get the full exhaust after warranty!

I heard the gt500 in person today with offroad x and it did sound really good.Here's mine through the stock h pipe.

2011 mustang gt 5.0 stainless works exhaust - YouTube

Sounds great man. Thats only the retro-catback? Amazing sound for not replacing the stock H

drewzx3

Established Member
Sounds great man, I know I would love to get the full exhaust after warranty!

Sounds great man. Thats only the retro-catback? Amazing sound for not replacing the stock H

only the catback. Should sound much better with a x pipe. One advantage to this catback is it saves 30-35lbs.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
only the catback. Should sound much better with a x pipe. One advantage to this catback is it saves 30-35lbs.

Yea I'll probably be ordering it with the x-pipe as well, keep the cats stock for now, then change out for high flow cats and long tubes

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i want to put an O/R X on mine. but ive been kicking around the same idea as you since i want to do their LTs and High Flow Cats anyway.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Well if you put an offroad x-pipe you need to take out your stock cats, wouldnt that void your warranty?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
it can but swapping LTs and high flow cats could potentially as well. i have a pretty awesome dealership i work with so im not really worried about it.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
it can but swapping LTs and high flow cats could potentially as well. i have a pretty awesome dealership i work with so im not really worried about it.

I know that's why I wont be purchasing the long tubes and high flow cats until after warranty, thats awesome lucky bastard haha.

If you're going with LT's then get their race exhaust so I'll be able to hear you from MS when you're driving, lol

Race exhaust??

Users who are viewing this thread