Anybody want a Bullmastiff

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have a 1 year old Bullmastiff named “Kilo” that I can't keep any longer. He was named Kilo because he was the runt, but is now much bigger then his siblings and his father was at his age. He is around 100 Ibs now and will probably be close to 140 Ibs when he matures. He is a very docile friendly dog that is good with children, I have a 3 year old and 9 year old. The problem is he does shed quit a bit and it is driving my wife crazy and it is either the dog or her. I have had him since he was a month and the breeder is a good friend of mine. He has had all shots, is house trained, and been neutered. I have feed him Flint River food since a pup which is an all natural heuristic food for dogs. He eats approximately 40 Ibs a month of food. This bred can not take extreme temperatures so he will need to be kept primarily inside. The bred is also know to be very protective of its master and is not an active dog. All I am looking for is a good home that will treat him good.

Here is a picture of him from October of last year.
Kilo-0410(6).JPG

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
He's beautiful...good luck finding a home.
Are there any local rescue groups who could help you place him?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
racerat said:
He's beautiful...good luck finding a home.
Are there any local rescue groups who could help you place him?

I can surrender him at the humane society. I told my wife I am not doing it if she wants to get rid of him she can.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
:(
Here's some info I found.

http://rescue.bullmastiffinfo.org/

Mastiff Club of America (Local Area Coordinator)
Louise Cross
4970 So Hwy US 1
Grant, FL 32949
(407)724-6229

They are such wonderful animals. Good friends of ours have a 210lb English Mastiff and she is the sweetest, most gentle dog I've ever seen.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Call me 754 224 9292 I also have 40lb puppy and seeing that Kilo its that amount of food a month, that would be my only concern :) I told my wife about him and she wants to see him and see how both of them get along.

TRBO VNM

great looking dog. I have a South African Boerboel which is in the same family as the mastiff. Mine is 130# right now and probably won't get much bigger. I got mine from a family in california who decided they didn't want him anymore because they had child and they malnurished(sp) him to.

good luck finding him a home.

Jason

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I just talked to a professional handler who is the rescue cordinator for the Mastiff Club of America about my issues with him. She believes the sheding is a oil problem or allergy related. I am going to try the remedy whe recommended which is a tablet of Fish Oil and Vitamin E in his food once a day and see how it works out. If it doesn't I have talked with Solisimo and he is very interested in him.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
How's the luck comming with you dog? Finally get that shedding problem taken care of?

I am working on it. It is one of those things I find somebody who is very interested and I actually know and feel good about giving him to now my wife doesn't want him to leave.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
toofast4u said:
I am working on it. It is one of those things I find somebody who is very interested and I actually know and feel good about giving him to now my wife doesn't want him to leave.

LOL.... thats how it usely goes! Hope everythnig works out :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread