Anybody thinking of moving from a S197 GT500 to a new GT350?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I'm keeping my '13. I like the looks of the GT350, and I know the handling is better, but I still feel it is a prince, and I prefer to drive "The King".

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am gonna get a GT350 next year, then I will grab another 13/14 500 after that....so I can own both

BlueDevil63

Established Member
I had some interest in a GT350. I talked to the big local dealer today. According to them only about 100 GT350s are going to make it into "normal" folks hands. The rest are going to dealership owners, their friends and other "connected" parties. They are going to ask $20,000 over MSRP for the 4 they are getting. I thought for sure he was talking about the the GT350R but he assures me this is the story on the regular GT350. Totally ridiculous.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I had some interest in a GT350. I talked to the big local dealer today. According to them only about 100 GT350s are going to make it into "normal" folks hands. The rest are going to dealership owners, their friends and other "connected" parties. They are going to ask $20,000 over MSRP for the 4 they are getting. I thought for sure he was talking about the the GT350R but he assures me this is the story on the regular GT350. Totally ridiculous.

They said the same crap about 2013 GT500s, Hard to remember back that far, but there was huge hype over the first S197 GT500, people selling power leases for 1000 bucks, huge ADMS.

They will go away just like they always do.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
They said the same crap about 2013 GT500s, Hard to remember back that far, but there was huge hype over the first S197 GT500, people selling power leases for 1000 bucks, huge ADMS.

They will go away just like they always do.

Yup...i usually wait 2 years after the model I want is released before purchasing to make sure I don't get ass raped by the stealerships.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

The above is the 2015s.

100% false about the 2016 and 2017. I would bet there will be 8-10k of them and 1-2k Rs in there

BlueDevil63

Established Member
The above is the 2015s.

100% false about the 2016 and 2017. I would bet there will be 8-10k of them and 1-2k Rs in there

You know I think you are right. I had not been aware of the limited 2015 production run. But I think he was talking about those.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So official numbers released and I'm sure you've heard:
526hp@7500
429tq@4750
Redline 8250
Prob a good bunch to pick up in mods.
Not enough power for my street/strip use, but fun for the road course.
I love the looks and wheel/tire/brake package.
-J

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The above is the 2015s.

After the '15's, they won't be hard to get. Figure in 6-months most dealers would be happy to take an order for one at MSRP at most.
I'd like to see how the FPC engine works out, particularly whether or not there are any early teething problems with it, before buying. So this bodes well for me.
S.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Market adjustments are very normal.. but this car will be built in the same type numbers as a GT500.. and I bought my GT500 actually under sticker.. after the hype wore off.. and I will do the same for the GT350.. I remember when everyone was doing this for the Z/28 now they have $4000 rebates on them.. ZL1 .. and the hellcat is starting to be sold at MSRP so it is just a thing for the guys that to have the newest first to say they had it first.. but after 6 months.. no one knows or cares you were the first.. your just another guy with a GT350..

I will get one but I won't get rid of the GT500... I could never do that.. this GT500 to me.. and I may be completely wrong.. will be a very valuable car .. hell they still sell for close to sticker used.. it just was one of the last cars Carol Shelby actually had input on.. and saw through.. and they were built at fairly high numbers.. but you have to consider.. how many have been wrecked.. modded and so on.. at the end of the day.. I think they will be fairly rare.. just my opinion.. maybe because I have one.. ha ha.. wishful thinking

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Don't give a rat's ass about the regular ho hum 350...............but the R is a different story. I will keep my "king of the hill" Shelby even if I decide to get an R..................ALA the pricing is more in line up here in Canada.

The MSRP on the R before options up here is treading on Gen V Viper territory and the Viper > R any day of the week.

The R is also not close to beating a C6 Z06 either so I'll keep what I have for now.

Tony

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Market adjustments are very normal.. but this car will be built in the same type numbers as a GT500.. and I bought my GT500 actually under sticker.. after the hype wore off.. and I will do the same for the GT350.. I remember when everyone was doing this for the Z/28 now they have $4000 rebates on them.. ZL1 .. and the hellcat is starting to be sold at MSRP so it is just a thing for the guys that to have the newest first to say they had it first.. but after 6 months.. no one knows or cares you were the first.. your just another guy with a GT350..

I will get one but I won't get rid of the GT500... I could never do that.. this GT500 to me.. and I may be completely wrong.. will be a very valuable car .. hell they still sell for close to sticker used.. it just was one of the last cars Carol Shelby actually had input on.. and saw through.. and they were built at fairly high numbers.. but you have to consider.. how many have been wrecked.. modded and so on.. at the end of the day.. I think they will be fairly rare.. just my opinion.. maybe because I have one.. ha ha.. wishful thinking

Historically we havnt see rebates on Shelby vehicles.

However, I would agree- that this car will maintain a high resale- and you should have no issue by spring next year getting these at or under sticker

Users who are viewing this thread