Anybody Reupholster Their Seats?

Steve1578

Established Member
So when I bought my Cobra, I vowed that I would at least try to do all of the work on my own, unless it was vastly beyond my skill. I know my way around a tool box but Im certainly no mechanic. Regardless, one of my next projects will be to reupholster the seats. I haven't decided if I want to use the stock seats or but new ones, but I do know I want to maintain the cobra in the seats, so it will require some upholstery work regardless. Wondering if anyone has done their own seats before, and if you have any tips for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
For me, it'd be one of those things where it looks awesome in my head and then I end up paying someone to redo my ugly seats.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sometimes you can find some original skins in the market.

Ive got parchment that are in pretty good shape and Im considering pulling them and running recaros or something to save them and shave some weight.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Steve1578

Established Member
For me, it'd be one of those things where it looks awesome in my head and then I end up paying someone to redo my ugly seats.

Yeah that's pretty much my thought process as well, but I figure it's at least worth a try. If they don't turn out well, the most I lose is a few hundred bucks in materials.

You should look at Mooch's custom interior. I have no idea what it cost him, but the results are impressive. If I was re-doing my seats, I'd for sure go for smooth leather like Mooch did. I'm not a big fan of suede type material. Here's the link. Check it out. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1068053-One-off-Custom-Interior-in-my-03

Those seats are awesome! They look especially good with the car being white.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
The original owner or my car did a $4500 dollar interior upgrade to the car.The seats cushions were upgraded,yellow spitting viper(or something to that effect)down the center,with SY materials boardering most the rest of the seat.I can't figure how to post pics on the iPhone.I could email some pics if you want to see it.

Steve1578

Established Member
The original owner or my car did a $4500 dollar interior upgrade to the car.The seats cushions were upgraded,yellow spitting viper(or something to that effect)down the center,with SY materials boardering most the rest of the seat.I can't figure how to post pics on the iPhone.I could email some pics if you want to see it.

Good lord, $4500 on interior! PM'd with email, very interested to see!

Users who are viewing this thread