Anybody plan on lowering their '13?

mustang addict

Established Member
I'm going with a new forged wheel combo and would like a slightly lower stance. What do you guys recommend that'll keep the handling on par with stock?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im thinking about it eventually...I would say some nice steeda or eibach springs. 1 inch should get it done

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Last edited:

boosted281

Established Member
I'd really like to lower mine with something like the sportlines but have concern about if it will work or not with the performance package setup with the bilstens. Maybe a dumb concern so hopefully someone with some experience or knowledge can chime in.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Whatever you do. Don't install sportline springs. Worst ride ever in my 08. Shocks were gone in 5000miles

rdsnk46

Established Member
Whatever you do. Don't install sportline springs. Worst ride ever in my 08. Shocks were gone in 5000miles

I still have mine and I enjoyed them, I actually went 1.52 60' with them and the stock shocks in my 08.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I still have mine and I enjoyed them, I actually went 1.52 60' with them and the stock shocks in my 08.

Really? How many miles did you put on them? The ride height looked Awesome, but it rode like a pogo stick on the stock shocks- and after 5000 or so miles the shocks were gone

Van laughed when I told him I had them in my 08 and reccomended I went with the pro kit springs and bilsteins- I did and it rode MUCH better.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I sold my car past December with 10K on the clock. I probably drove with those springs for 3-4K miles and went complete adj. suspension. Custom springs and QA-1 shocks for the strip. I have been know to drive the wheels off a car at the strip though.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^ I've seen you work and I have to agree!

I dunno- it was bad after 5000 miles, but what you replaced it with- is a much better set up

gkviper192

Established Member
I know the eibach supersports have been working nicely on a buddy of mine's '13 shelby

peteypab2133

Established Member
wonder if ford racing will offer something that goes hand in hand with the SVTPP. An inch would be fine. But then again, this car appears pretty low from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread