Anybody Own or Work On Porsches?

Recon

Established Member
Glad to hear your dad stuck it to State Farm. Curious though, 24hrs is a lot of repair time for any panel, but that large and no bondo? That's sort of hard to believe. I've seen pictures of 7hr dents that PDR saved on a Ferrari, but 24hrs is an absurd amount of time. That's almost doing double what it pays to put a new one on.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

McGraw was adamant the fender would be repaired. I too found it hard to believe when I was first told this. As I worked at a body shop at a time and that is some real dedication. I can promise you it is true, there isn’t any Bondo in that fender well. I saw none when we had the wheel off to inspect the brakes one year. The inside lip is just as smooth as the outside. Running your fingers on inside lip proves it.
My father stated it was the best body shop he’s ever seen. The craftsmanship was truly amazing. And their inventory was nothing but Porsche’s, Ferrari’s, Bentley’s, and other high end cars.
My father isn’t a liar either. He told me it took 24 hours, it took 24 hours. He also wouldn’t stand for Bondo to be on that car. It’s a Porsche works car. They had no Bondo whatsoever in them. Everything was metal finish.

Pick your poison.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
McGraw was adamant the fender would be repaired. I too found it hard to believe when I was first told this. As I worked at a body shop at a time and that is some real dedication. I can promise you it is true, there isn’t any Bondo in that fender well. I saw none when we had the wheel off to inspect the brakes one year. The inside lip is just as smooth as the outside. Running your fingers on inside lip proves it.
My father stated it was the best body shop he’s ever seen. The craftsmanship was truly amazing. And their inventory was nothing but Porsche’s, Ferrari’s, Bentley’s, and other high end cars.
My father isn’t a liar either. He told me it took 24 hours, it took 24 hours. He also wouldn’t stand for Bondo to be on that car. It’s a Porsche works car. They had no Bondo whatsoever in them. Everything was metal finish.

Pick your poison.
I can believe it. Where there is a will there is a way I guess. I just wish I could see how it was done. I wonder if they added metal as they grinded and reshaped it? Isn't that how they used to do it?

Recon

Established Member
I can believe it. Where there is a will there is a way I guess. I just wish I could see how it was done. I wonder if they added metal as they grinded and reshaped it? Isn't that how they used to do it?

I believe you are correct. I can’t validate the method, of repair, at the moment being my father is currently at a funeral, of a family friend, several hours away. But once he’s back I’ll find out how they fixed it and post it.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread