Anybody own a crotch rocket?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Since the loss of my Terminator, I have been contemplating a 600cc murder cycle to have some fun on since the G35 coupe just doesn't induce the same visceral excitement as the Cobra did.

I've got it narrowed down to either a 03/04 Suzuki GSX-R600, or an 04 Yamaha R6.

Opinions on either?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I have ridden (rode?) a 2003 Gixxer 600, and it was a very nice bike. Pretty comfortable, and all around easy to ride.

From what I understand, the R6 has a more radical layout (it sure does LOOK more radical), but it's been a few years since I sat on an R6. I am partial to Yamaha over Suzuki, after owning a 98 Banshee that flat out wailed, but the Gixxer's are highly acclaimed by the press. :read:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You really can't go wrong with either one. I'd sit on each to see which is more comfortable. They're really close on performance etc. I'm partial to Suzuki, having owned a Busa. Good luck!

firstbite

Kid Rock
Established Member
I own a Honda CBR 600, and if you plan on riding for more than an hour or two on the weekend, I would suggest either the Honda F4i or the Kaw ZX6R both are just more comfortable to ride on the street. The GSXR-6 and the R6 are both pretty but if you are taller than 5'8'' and weigh more than 150 you will feel like a pretzel when your finished riding for the day. If you can try to find a buddy that has one and ride it for a day.

SVT'd F-150

Established Member
I'm partial to Yamaha over suzuki also. I just replaced my R6 for a CBR600rr with no regrets. You can't go wrong with a Yamaha.:thumbsup:

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
I have a GSX-R1000. It's the only way to fly if you want big time acceleration and a bike with great handling. The 600s are a little down in torque which means you have to "drive" the bike more. Still a 600 is faster than most of us can really exploit. I just prefer to have a hammer.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Just get a Ducati!!!! But I guess the R6 will do if your pocket book don't let you get the Ducati.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Have you ridden a Ducati? It takes a little more skill to ride them and the position you are in is a lot lower than conventional bikes.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Ducati = cool, but also = big price and maintenance issues/cost

No where close to bang-for-the-buck of the Japenese nor as reliable.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Isnt the Gixxer faster?

probebly but you should by a bike based on you comfort and skills they are all within 10ths of seconds of each other and it all comes down to ridder skill and in some cases courage. not flaming you just my opinion.:)

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
i say get the new honda cbr 600rr. it is the fastest 600 that they have came out with xcept for i think the gsxr is a lil quicker but i liek the single exhasut that the honda has. a lil more racy lookin

MpdCobra06

Established Member
Originally posted by KOTH
I have a GSX-R1000. It's the only way to fly if you want big time acceleration and a bike with great handling. The 600s are a little down in torque which means you have to "drive" the bike more. Still a 600 is faster than most of us can really exploit. I just prefer to have a hammer.
'

Lets give you a hand for recommending a SUPERBIKE gsxr 1000 to a newbie....

dumbass :nono:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by Hotrodone99
'

Lets give you a hand for recommending a SUPERBIKE gsxr 1000 to a newbie....

dumbass :nono:

No need for name calling. It doesn't say anywhere in his post that he's a newb. Besides, the Busa was my first bike. :D

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i've considered getting a bike also....BUT have never ridden/driven one...what would y'all recommend?

put it this way, back in college, i went into a Honda dealership and told the guy i wanted a 900RR and he asked what i had at the time. i told him i didn't have a bike. he then asked if i had ever driven/riden on one. i said no and then he laughed and said there is no way in hell that he would sell me a 900RR...he said i'd kill myself as soon as i left the shop! at least he was honest w/ me.

Users who are viewing this thread