Anybody live in/near or been multiple times to Austin, TX?

starnsey

Established Member
+1 on the Driskill and everything around it. I don't know why you all keep bringing San Antonio into it, he said he's going to Austin, and they're not even comparable places, so why confuse the issue?

Probably worried Austin will turn him into a librruugghhhll!!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
We're up for spending a night or two in one place and then doing the same elsewhere. So since SA isn't that far away we may just look into doing that now.

I've been to TX many times (have family in Dallas area... and my parents lived there before having kids) but I've never made it much outside of that area. And yes, I love BBQ as well as Tex-Mex food. Having been introduced to TX-style BBQ early on in life but growing up in NC (usually more vinegar based BBQ) I have a love for both styles.

Definitely like live music and anything from one dude and his guitar in a bar to some small/trendy music venue. Country music in small quantities (for me anyway, my wife digs it more) is cool but I tend to like more rock/alternative/blues stuff. My wife and I definitely enjoy being active so anything that involves walking/riding/hiking/etc we'll be cool with.

And based on recommendations it sounds like Driskill is something I need to look into. Thanks again.

Lemers

Established Member
Just thought I'd post this

691a2b1b86dbf0b4198d0636e278e9d3.jpg

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
I've lived here almost 10 years now. Traffic sucks! That's why I leave for work at 5 am. Hill country out west is pretty. (Dripping Springs/Driftwood/Lakeway areas). Lots of wineries and breweries out west here.

I would recommend visiting Deep Eddy Vodka, Twisted X Brewing and Hamilton Pool.

This. Also you guys need take a day to head to Fredericksburg as well, you won't regret it. Let me add Real Ale brew to that list too in Blanco. Austin wouldn't be my first choice to visit, but as far as the surroundings go, you've definitely picked one of the best areas of Texas to see. The hill country is incredible.

ATX5.0

Established Member
All the places mentioned are good to check out and try to avoid 35 between 6-noon and 3p -9p lol. You'll thank me later. Oh almost forgot to say, thanks for visiting but don't move here please.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread