Anybody know who can make a custom whipple pulley?

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I was wondering if anybody had any insight on where I might be able to have a custom pulley made for my whipple. I know whipple's machine shop had changed the pulley design a bit from the traditional style to the 3-spoke type pulleys. I would love to find somebody who could make something close to the billetflow idler style pulleys with the 5 spoke look. Anybody have any insight on this? I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, but it is something I'd like. I was thinking about giving metco a call....The guys at whipple said it's not something they have or could do :shrug:

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Granted these are 10rib pulleys for the GT500 4.5L....When I called whipple, they told me they had nothing like this for a 3.4 and that I could not get anything like this for it.

6F56B477-09B4-40B3-AFB3-918F63EC4253-1127-0000006A9494B683_zps8532cc03.jpg

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
These are nice. You could try calling Billetflow and talk to Doug about making this for you. It would probably be pricey, but maybe if you can find others that like these and want in you might bring the cost down, or it might be worth someones time and money to make these.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Thanks I'll give Art a call tomorrow. I tried talking to Doug at billetflow, and he was less than pleasant to deal with and was not helpful in any way. I'll be sure not to purchase any billetflow products in the future solely because of his poor attitude toward a customer. Hopefully Art will have some insight.

jbs$

Established Member
DSG, yes it can be done, however, it will be very expensive. This will require time on a high end CNC machine and a lot of programming time from a experienced Machinist, all to make one part.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Thanks I'll give Art a call tomorrow. I tried talking to Doug at billetflow, and he was less than pleasant to deal with and was not helpful in any way. I'll be sure not to purchase any billetflow products in the future solely because of his poor attitude toward a customer. Hopefully Art will have some insight.

Doug has always been unpleasant to deal with,people just delt with him back in the day because he was the only game in town for nice pulley setups...not the case anymore.

Try Art..heard great things about him.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
A friend and I had some custom pullies made by a local machine shop. They turned out great and the price was reasonable IMO. PM me if you dont have any luck.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Doug has always been unpleasant to deal with,people just delt with him back in the day because he was the only game in town for nice pulley setups...not the case anymore.

Try Art..heard great things about him.

Cool thanks jay!

A friend and I had some custom pullies made by a local machine shop. They turned out great and the price was reasonable IMO. PM me if you dont have any luck.

I will! Thanks man :thumbsup:

jbs$

Established Member
A simple pulley is an fairly easy lathe job. It is the five spoke, dished out one that gets complicated.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Doug is Doug. He does nice work but isn't always nice with customers. I hope you get more help from Art. Sounds like he might be the guy who can best help you. Remember that if the price is a bit high you can always see if some others might want to buy one as well. More buyers will help spread the cost so that it isn't cost prohibitive for you.

Users who are viewing this thread