Anybody hunt with a Crossbow?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
you don't wanna know how much i have into my compound bow then lol

PSE Xforce Treestand with a HHA single pin slider, stokerized stab, and a ripcord rest came in at about a grand when i bought it new in 08

that was more than my Ruger M77mkII .270 with a leupold 3-9 VXII on it lol

Pssh I have probably close to $2k into my Mathews.
IMAG1227.gif
IMAG1225.gif

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
is that a Monster with a doinker or is that a B-stinger stab?

plus you paid the mathews tax lol

my Xforce was $699 bare...not too bad
i am looking at an Omen Pro for this year

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Yes it's a Monster 6 with the M7 draw mod swap and yes that's a B-Stinger. I really love this bow it's very fast(334fps-29"DL-361gr target arrow-70lb DW/270fps-556gr hunting arrow) and very smooth with the draw mod swap. I didn't pay the Mathews tax I bought it used for cheaper than you bought yours for. I used to work at a pro shop so I got everything at cost. I didn't really spend $2k on all my parts but it's almost $2k worth of equipment if I had to pay what everybody else does.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yes it's a Monster 6 with the M7 draw mod swap and yes that's a B-Stinger. I really love this bow it's very fast(334fps-29"DL-361gr target arrow-70lb DW/270fps-556gr hunting arrow) and very smooth with the draw mod swap. I didn't pay the Mathews tax I bought it used for cheaper than you bought yours for. I used to work at a pro shop so I got everything at cost. I didn't really spend $2k on all my parts but it's almost $2k worth of equipment if I had to pay what everybody else does.

i shot a monster 7 the day before i got my Xforce...i liked it but i am a short ATA guy

my Xforce is good for 268FPS (29dl, 65#) shooting CE mayhem hunters w/ 100gr grim reapers ( i need to weigh those arrow one of these days lol)
that combo blow through deer like butter!

the only problem with my bow is the draw cycle is ROUGH...but hey it's a double cam speed bow i expect these things

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Well after some research I bought a Ten Point "Turbo XLT". Came with a 3x scope, quiver, and 3 arrows.

I can't believe how accurate these are. At 20 yards I hit a piece of black tape that has to be 1/2" wide and was 3/4" tall twice. Not just touched it either but was inside the edges. Clicked it up 2 inches shot it again dead on left to right and moved the 2 inches I'd adjusted for.

Shot it 4 times at home and hit the same hole somewhere all 4 times at 25 yards.

nice crossbow.... hey rookie the arrows for crossbows are called bolts, rookie!

J/k

awesome buy posi!

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
i shot a monster 7 the day before i got my Xforce...i liked it but i am a short ATA guy

my Xforce is good for 268FPS (29dl, 65#) shooting CE mayhem hunters w/ 100gr grim reapers ( i need to weigh those arrow one of these days lol)
that combo blow through deer like butter!

the only problem with my bow is the draw cycle is ROUGH...but hey it's a double cam speed bow i expect these things

Yeah that's one of the things I really don't like about the older PSE's, the draw sucks. I don't have any such issue with my Monster after the draw module swap. This bow is smokin fast too hitting an IBO of 351fps after the mod swap. I'd reccomend if you want to stick with PSE to try the new EVO. I shot that bow and it was nice... for a PSE. lol j/k I'm not a short ATA fan as I'm 6'1" and get better string angle with a longer ATA and also better accuracy and balance.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yeah that's one of the things I really don't like about the older PSE's, the draw sucks. I don't have any such issue with my Monster after the draw module swap. This bow is smokin fast too hitting an IBO of 351fps after the mod swap. I'd reccomend if you want to stick with PSE to try the new EVO. I shot that bow and it was nice... for a PSE. lol j/k I'm not a short ATA fan as I'm 6'1" and get better string angle with a longer ATA and also better accuracy and balance.

shot the EVO a few weeks ago...LOVED IT! smoooooth as butter and smoking quick! not quite Omen quick but it's much much quiter than the omen

i'm 5'11 and my string string angle is pretty sharp...my xforce is 28' ata. people think it is a kids bow until they see the huge HF cams

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread