Anybody hunt with a Crossbow?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay I've wanted one of these for a while now and have some b-day and Christmas money to spend. A good friend of mine has a Horton Vision 175 and says he'd buy another one. I shot it 5 times and this thing is a tac driver! No way I could shoot 2 arrows at 30 yards without hitting themselves a lot of times. Has a 4x32 scope on it.

Here's the Basspro link so if you know of a faster one that's accurate please let me know what you like. I know this one isn't the fastest but I like how it shoots so good. I think it's 300fps.

Horton® Vision 175 Crossbow Package | Bass Pro Shops

It's high there but there's one on Ebay for $600. I'd pay that.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Easy now I do have a .300 Ultra Mag with a 8x32 scope on it that I use here in Ky. lol.

Ironhand

Banned
haha

Is bow hunting something you'd want to get into though? $600 seems like alot of money for something that has very little range. You could put that towards something bigger then that .300 or something with more range, hell even a different scope.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm already into bow hunting. I'll keep my range down to 40 yards or less even with this. This is just another thing to go and have fun with and shoot some doe's. Plus it'll get me excited to go out and shoot some more doe's. That's a good thing.

Ironhand

Banned
I'm already into bow hunting. I'll keep my range down to 40 yards or less even with this. This is just another thing to go and have fun with and shoot some doe's. Plus it'll get me excited to go out and shoot some more doe's. That's a good thing.

Hey, I tried to stop by and see you. I wouldve went out with ya.(No homo) lol

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
God I hate living in california. When you ask someone here if they hunt they look at you like you just asked if they're into little boys.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Here in Wi, you have to be handicap or over 60 to hunt with a crossbow. A friend of mine bought a Wicked Ridge Warrior, just to mess around with. Its crazy accurate, fun and very affordable. Out of the box it has a red dot sight that has 3 dots set up for yardage.

I would recommend the wicked ridge warrior to anybody looking to get an entry level crossbow.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Well after some research I bought a Ten Point "Turbo XLT". Came with a 3x scope, quiver, and 3 arrows.

I can't believe how accurate these are. At 20 yards I hit a piece of black tape that has to be 1/2" wide and was 3/4" tall twice. Not just touched it either but was inside the edges. Clicked it up 2 inches shot it again dead on left to right and moved the 2 inches I'd adjusted for.

Shot it 4 times at home and hit the same hole somewhere all 4 times at 25 yards.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Friend of mine bought a used one and we were messing with it last weekend and they are fun to screw around with.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Posi in 2 months! :lol1::thumbsup:

daryl-dixon-picture.jpg

God I hate living in california. When you ask someone here if they hunt they look at you like you just asked if they're into little boys.

lmao! true that

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Easy now I do have a .300 Ultra Mag with a 8x32 scope on it that I use here in Ky. lol.

26" bbl on it? if so, get one MUCH longer since the factory bbl is way to short to utilize all the powder in that monster cartridge..

oh, for the OP, nope, can't hunt with a crossbow in Oregon, but I have shot them a few times and they are neat.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Horton is garbage. Best xbows are made by Tenpoint. But personally I'm a xbow hater. The only real bows are vertical.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
haha

Is bow hunting something you'd want to get into though? $600 seems like alot of money for something that has very little range. You could put that towards something bigger then that .300 or something with more range, hell even a different scope.

you don't wanna know how much i have into my compound bow then lol

PSE Xforce Treestand with a HHA single pin slider, stokerized stab, and a ripcord rest came in at about a grand when i bought it new in 08

that was more than my Ruger M77mkII .270 with a leupold 3-9 VXII on it lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread