Anybody Have Datalog Config File For SCT?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I searched but the link I found was dead. Does anyone have a saved config file for SCT xCal3? Thank you!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I have an X3 SCT Tuner for my 2010 GT500. What do you need exactly? I'm not an expert with it, but I might have what you need, if you tell me how to find it :shrug:

Nsssane1

Established Member
If your using the new gen 2 live link. I couldn't get the old live link configurations to work, had to make all new configurations which sux. Can you not make your own??

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I have an X3 SCT Tuner for my 2010 GT500. What do you need exactly? I'm not an expert with it, but I might have what you need, if you tell me how to find it :shrug:

Basically it is a file that you save of the parameters that you want to datalog. If a tuner needs you to data log for them they usually send you a config file that has all the parameters they need recorded. It makes life easier because when you open live link you can just open the file instead of picking all the PIDs you want to see.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
If your using the new gen 2 live link. I couldn't get the old live link configurations to work, had to make all new configurations which sux. Can you not make your own??

My live link is version 6.5.0. I am able to make my own but it looked like it said there were 640 files to choose from. I picked some of the parameters but I know I am missing a couple. It gets confusing because there are multiple PIDs with similar names. I don't want to pick a bunch of PIDs I do not need. I am pretty new to the world of datalogging.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Yeah this is what Vmp asked me to log and it took forever to find the right ones. Last time I logged the sent me the config file this time they didn't.

Use livelink generation 2 from the sct website (v2.1 is the latest) and log:

Battery voltage
Coolant temp deg F
Air control temp 2 F or Downstream ACT for blower cars (Fahrenheit only)
Throttle (ETC) actual angle (05+ only) (In degrees)
Fuel pump duty cycle
Intake air temp F
Load (from the MAF section only)
Short term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 (only one of each)
Long term fuel trim bank 1 and 2 (only one of each)
MAF voltage for 2005-10 and MAF counts for 2004 and below
O2 voltage bank 1 sensor 1(only one of each)
O2 voltage bank 2 sensor 1(only one of each)
RPM
Returnless fuel pump pressure in PSI
Spark
Knock sensor (if available, sometimes called SPK ADD KS 0)

VNMOUS1

Established Member
With the new version of Live Link its best that you configure your own datalog with the car as part of the setup.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
With the new version of Live Link its best that you configure your own datalog with the car as part of the setup.

I just downloaded Live Link Gen 2 and noticed that ^^^ I will give it a try in a little while.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Tried to datalog last night with Live Link II and it wouldn't communicate with the xCAL3 so I used the old version. I believe the firmware needs to be upgraded on the handheld. Last time I did that on my 04 Cobra it locked the hand held and I had to take the car to the dealer to put a stock tune in it. It there any trick to updating the firmware on the xcal3? Do I have to load the stock tune into the car before upgrading the firmware?

MattR

Established Member
I created mine based on the tuners request. But when I attach the SCT and computer to the car and click the connection button it looks to create one with everything the computer outputs.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Tried to datalog last night with Live Link II and it wouldn't communicate with the xCAL3 so I used the old version. I believe the firmware needs to be upgraded on the handheld. Last time I did that on my 04 Cobra it locked the hand held and I had to take the car to the dealer to put a stock tune in it. It there any trick to updating the firmware on the xcal3? Do I have to load the stock tune into the car before upgrading the firmware?

I emailed their Tech Dept., with the same question. The answer was yes. You need to put the car back to a stock tune, then update the handheld via your computer. Any time things need to be updated, I get leery, so I just didn't do it. I asked specifically, would my tune be in jeopardy, he said "No". I've heard of others having all kinds of problems, so I just didn't update. I just don't want to risk it!

****************************************************************************************

From their reply to my email about 1) having to update the handheld to use LiveLink and 2) Any chance of making my car inoperable:

The vehicle does have to be returned to stock or else the update software will not be able to update the device. Don't worry about corrupting any custom tune file it will be fine. So just go ahead and return the vehicle to stock and then run the update and you will be good to go.

Thank you,

Austin George | Technical Support
4150 Church St. | Suite 1024 | Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: 407.774.2447 | sctflash.com

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
It was not worth it on my 04 Cobra. It ended up being a total pain in the ass. I don't think I am going to bother with upgrading this one unless I read that it is really worth it. I kind of like version 6.5.0 and it seems most people are using it. I picked most of the PIDs but I don't think I picked the right charge temp (iat2). I still have to learn how to read a couple of the PIDs so I can make sure everything is safe.

I emailed their Tech Dept., with the same question. The answer was yes. You need to put the car back to a stock tune, then update the handheld via your computer. Any time things need to be updated, I get leery, so I just didn't do it. I asked specifically, would my tune be in jeopardy, he said "No". I've heard of others having all kinds of problems, so I just didn't update. I just don't want to risk it!

****************************************************************************************

From their reply to my email about 1) having to update the handheld to use LiveLink and 2) Any chance of making my car inoperable:

The vehicle does have to be returned to stock or else the update software will not be able to update the device. Don't worry about corrupting any custom tune file it will be fine. So just go ahead and return the vehicle to stock and then run the update and you will be good to go.

Thank you,

Austin George | Technical Support
4150 Church St. | Suite 1024 | Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: 407.774.2447 | sctflash.com

Users who are viewing this thread