Anybody have a Sodastream?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Just picked one up last week and experimented with it a little bit today. I bought some syrup from Williams Sonoma when I purchased the unit and it tastes pretty good. I made Root Beer and Cherry Cola today.

Just looking for any feedback/tips from other owners.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I bought one for my daughter a couple months ago and she seems to really like it. I prefer beer over soda.

Win!!!!

Seriously though, This sounds like something I would buy. Any links / recommendations? Googling.......

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
This any cheaper than buying two liters of root beer for the kids?

projectslideway

Established Member
My buddy always has all of these goofy gadgets, needless to say... I was skeptical of his sodastream. He had many flavors and says the soda saves him a fair amount of money.

My opinion:

Cola and diet cola = okay
Mountain Dew ripoff = good
Cranberry something, that tasted like Seagram's cranberry = delicious

Now... believe me when I say this... if you like to drink Redbull regularly or mix drinks with Redbull, this is where you can save tons of money. He had one that was just called energy drink. It looked and smelled EXACTLY like Redbull. And if you find Redbull to aggressive/not aggressive enough, with the sodastream you can adjust the concentration to your liking.

Also, it was SUPER easy to use and you can control how heavily carbonated the drinks are to some degree. This was great because I like my soda a hair on the flat side. Hope this helps...

EDIT: Just talked to my friend and he said he got his syrups from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
For genuine syrups try Sam's Club and Costco Business Centers.

As an example Dr.Pepper is 16$ for a gallon and 66$ for five gallons.
Same prices for real Pepsi and Coke.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
This any cheaper than buying two liters of root beer for the kids?

Initial cost gets ya but if you use it for soda, tonic, seltzer, juice, energy drink, etc. you will save plenty of money. It's fun to use. I did some more root beer last night to mix with some whipped cream flavored vodka. I made it pretty carbonated and it tasted really good.

I will have to try the energy drink flavor but I can imagine saving money on that stuff. It's like buying gold lol.

Users who are viewing this thread