Anybody feel bored with their S197?

Stang Lover

Established Member
Lately i've been getting bored with my gt I don't get the fun factor like I did with my older stangs. Heck my old 96gt was more fun to drive than this thing. It doesn't have that "muscle car" feel to me like my older stangs gave me. I've driven a gt500 & a new boss & I did like the boss but not enough to make me want one.

Anybody else felt like this?

2000gator

Established Member
Depends on your mods. Do exhaust, intake, tune, and gears and you won't be able to stop grinning when your cruising around.

dom418

Established Member
You wouldn't be the first. A lot of s197 say compared to the new edge style, the new body doesn't feel like a muscle car. Its just a bigger car and Probably because the s197's are so much more refined.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
^agreed.

Personally all the luxurious things would be awesome to have but when I get in a muscle car all I really want to see is a dash, gauges and seats. Navigation and all those other fancy gadgets is what does it. The 99-04 breed was the last of the true "muscle car" IMO as in 05 everything went from mechanical to electronic.

mr-proper

Established Member
^agreed.

Personally all the luxurious things would be awesome to have but when I get in a muscle car all I really want to see is a dash, gauges and seats. Navigation and all those other fancy gadgets is what does it. The 99-04 breed was the last of the true "muscle car" IMO as in 05 everything went from mechanical to electronic.

lol should bought a camaro:lol::lol:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Lately i've been getting bored with my gt I don't get the fun factor like I did with my older stangs. Heck my old 96gt was more fun to drive than this thing. It doesn't have that "muscle car" feel to me like my older stangs gave me. I've driven a gt500 & a new boss & I did like the boss but not enough to make me want one.

I would not say that I am bored with my 11 GT500. It brings a smile to my face every time I crank it up.

That being said it does not have the raw feeling. So I added an 04 terminator. I enjoy the heck out of both of them.

Imatk

Established Member
I've got a '91 GT and my '06 GT (although it has been modded quite a bit) and I enjoy them both equally for totally different reasons.

The '91 is completely stock, and I love driving it because it was my first Mustang and I feel fortunate to still have my first Mustang. I know that car inside and out. I've put almost 300k miles on it and have had so much fun and memories I can't count them.

The '06 is about as far from stock as you could get sans the body panels and carpet. But when I put my foot down and more than 600hp is on tap it puts just as wide a smile on my face :)

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
the s197 is just too refine, no raw feeling to it, but the car is very reliable and brings a smile to my face all the time, that being said, you cant whip this car around like you could a 94-04, but i do need more seat time to fiddle with this thing, and different tires.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
the s197 is just too refine, no raw feeling to it, but the car is very reliable and brings a smile to my face all the time, that being said, you cant whip this car around like you could a 94-04, but i do need more seat time to fiddle with this thing, and different tires.

THIS! I agree 100% I've driven a newer mustang and while I LOVED IT, it was boring because it was too perfect. Ironically enough, its true. Ford did a great job at updating an OLD body style. Almost too good of a job as you seem to be finding out. ;-)

I'll stick with my old rattly cobra. :rockon:

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member

I don't have that problem.......

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
what kinda ricer logic is this?

wet noodle chassis with 200hp>305hp in a great chassis. seems legit

Damon03Termi

Established Member
The same thing happened to me. Id had several s197s. probably 4 or 5. But now Im more into 99-04s. Currently in an 04 Mach 1, and I love it. Just more of a muscle car feeling compared to the s197s. I do love s197s though.

2000gator

Established Member
slap a supercharger on it and you won't be bored. I think there is a Saleen one for sale in the classifieds for a good price. I don't get bored for a second with my 510rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread