Anybody else having issues with POS Windows 10?

NinjaBum

Established Member
I was happy to get away from the abomination that was Windows 8. Windows 10 was a lot better for a while.

Now though my windows button/system icons on the bottom bar don't work, half of the time my task bar doesn't work, etc.

There is a fix for it I have used, but it is temporary and the issue will reappear. Apparently it may only happen to people who directly upgraded from 8 to 10 and not systems that only ever had 10 installed.

Kind of pisses me off that my OS is a pile of shit even after thinking it rescued me from another pile of shit OS.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I haven't had a single issue with either of my computers with the switch to Windows 10. If you're having trouble, what I would do is backup your system and do a clean install after a hard drive format.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Had these issues with my wife's pc going from 8 to 10. You just need to do a clean install. Backup up your info and download the windows 10 install. Solved it for her pc.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Hmm, guess I shall have to try the reinstall.

It won't let me do anythin like open the display manager, volume mixer, task manager, start menu, etc.

Super annoying and weird that I have had it since they rolled it out and only had these issues as of last week. Thanks guys.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let us know how you make out with/after the re-install. Clean installs are always the better/safer path to an upgrade, but re-installing your apps can be time consuming.

No issues whatsoever with Windows 10 here and at the office.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Have 'upgraded' twice from 8.1, and have had to go back each time because no matter what I do, it won't connect to the internet (even though it says the computer is connected to the network).

NinjaBum

Established Member
This morning it wouldn't connect to the internet either. Said my computer didn't have any network ports or some crap.

Went away after I restarted but it's pretty annoying.

jshen

Established Member
I installed version 10 and with it came the damned advertisements!!! I went back to windows 7 within 24 hours. Do any of you guys have adds that pop up onto your screen...It was worse than free apps on my phone.

I get an uneasy feeling Windows 10 will become a "subscription" item just like Microsoft..where every year you have to pay up....

Last edited:

97ReoCobra

Established Member
I installed version 10 and with it came the damned advertisements!!! I went back to windows 7 within 24 hours. Do any of you guys have adds that pop up onto your screen...It was worse than free apps on my phone.

I get an uneasy feeling Windows 10 will become a "subscription" item just like Microsoft..where every year you have to pay up....

I have been flip flopping whether or not to go from 7 to 10. I've heard about some of the issues and privacy concerns but not about ads popping up. That would be a certain deal breaker for me. I'll keep 7 as long as I can then go to linux I guess.

Vigilante

Established Member
Liked it up until I uninstalled chrome cause it needed updating and found out windows blocked it from downloading again. Something about "Giving Edge a chance" or something. I have to install it in offline mode to fix and haven't had the motivation to deal with it yet.

And by like I mean I didn't really care either way. 10 is on my gaming computer so I only interact with it from start up to Netflix or Steam. I can't get it on my laptop because it needs a fresh restart badly, so I have a healthy working knowledge of 8. Which again, not my cup of tea. Things are in weird places since I have been working with 7 and xp in the past. 10 is very much about dynamic apps, the store and interaction.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Bought my wife a $400-500 lenovo laptop from best buy earlier this year. Came with windows 10 on it. The laptop had one small bug that lasted for about 10 minutes, and has never returned. She likes it. It's not the fastest, or best one out there, but she only needs it for the internet and microsoft office. No issues with internet connectivity or anything. It is setup a little different from windows 7, but I haven't seen anything wrong with it.

We even have chrome on it, so blocking chrome downloads must be a recent update.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Only problem I've had is nothing will show up in my home network on the two machines I have upgraded. For some reason on every machine in my house if I upgrade to anything past windows 7 I can't see any other machine on the network including our media server. Our bedroom HTPC I upgraded long ago to windows 8 just to play with it and could never figure the issue out. Re-installed Win 7 and everything on the network shows up as it should without having to do anything. I've never been able to resolve the issue.....very frustrating. Everything else works great though

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
On my XPS it's disable and uninstalled the driver for my mousepad at various times. I think it's happened 3 times so far..but other than that, it's good.

Soltution: I added the mousepad driver download to my desktop so it's just a click away from being reinstalled.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Many of the issues that are being reported here are likely being caused by the fast boot option. Some computers depending on the speed of the hard drive will boot so fast that the OS can't launch all it's drivers. Specifically auxiliary drivers like USB and network adapters. If you go in to the power management settings and turn fast boot off, it'll solve those internet and usb issues.

As far as the adds deliverable. I receive an add to try microsoft office about once a month is all. It pops up and goes away within a couple seconds. For a free operating system that provides excellent stability, built in virus protection and good backwards compatibility, I can handle that.

Users who are viewing this thread