Any way to get a stock tune?

MrMason

Established Member
I just got my car a few days ago, also got a predator tuner, when I tried to use it, it says there is already a performance tune on it. Is there any way to get a stock tune put on it so I can use my tuner? Would suck to have spent that money for nothing.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Your wording is a little confusing but I think the person sold you a Predator that is locked, it's married to another cars VIN, call them up for a refund!

Last edited:

MrMason

Established Member
Hmm let me rephrase. I bough the car, and found out that there is already some kind of a tune on it. The predator can't be used on a car that has anything other than a stock tune, or at least that is my understanding. So I am wondering if there is any way to get a stock tune back on my car so I can use the predator. Does that make sense? How would I know if it is unmarried?

1bad93

Established Member
Subscribing. I bought a car about a year ago that was flashed with an SCT handheld tuner, but the owner didnt give the handheld tuner to the dealer he traded the car into. So i'm wondering what i need to do to be able to have it re-flashed. I'm guessing the SCT handheld tuner will be looking for a stock tune as well, and wont find one and thus wont work.

04silver

Established Member
you will have to go to ford and have them reflash your computer with a stock tune then you can upload your new tune you will need to take them 2 sets if keys for pats it cost around $100 doller to get this done

Brutal Metal

Established Member
you will have to go to ford and have them reflash your computer with a stock tune then you can upload your new tune you will need to take them 2 sets if keys for pats it cost around $100 doller to get this done
That's correct, this is the route you need to take!
Also I'm curious what does the Predator say when you plug it into your OBD port when it boots up?
What info is written on that first screen?

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
I would stay out of boost for a while too, good time to buy a pulley, idlers, plugs, then get it tuned. I dont know where your at but PAS in richmond is the goto place for mustangs. performance auto sports call them ask for Kevin.

Users who are viewing this thread