Any Vegetarians in here?

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
So I have recently become a Vegetarian. About 1 month now and I have lost about 15lbs.

Reason for become Vegetarian is because diabetes is very common in my family and my eating habits were getting carried away.

My question is, what do you guys eat to substitute for the protein, calcium, and iron?

I have been going to the gym regularly. Mainly cardio and I will squeeze in some lifting while focusing on a certain part of the body each time.

Do any of you drink protein shakes? If so, which one?

Filthy1

My cars are slow
Established Member
I don't get the vegetarian thing. People would have not lived without it 100 years ago.

The gym is doing more for you losing weight than the food.

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
I don't get the vegetarian thing. People would have not lived without it 100 years ago.

The gym is doing more for you losing weight than the food.

Good point but that life span of a human has increased from your "100 years ago" because of the better nutrition available now a days.

Sure the gym is helping but it is mainly because my eating habits have changed. If I would still be eating the same like I was 1 month ago and working out, the change wouldn't be as noticeable.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Good point but that life span of a human has increased from your "100 years ago" because of the better nutrition available now a days.

Sure the gym is helping but it is mainly because my eating habits have changed. If I would still be eating the same like I was 1 month ago and working out, the change wouldn't be as noticeable.

Uh no. You think all this processed shit is better for you than fresh meat and vegetables they had back then. It's modern medicine that keeps people alive today, not rabbit food.

Here's a fact. The Native Americans, for hundred years, ate Buffalo as they're primary source of meat and food in general. As a result, they were insanely healthy and the number one killer was mouth related diseases.

Last edited:
Not a 'strict vegetarian' but I would say 85% of my diet falls in the vegetarian district.

You do need meat in your diet though.

Especially if you want to build rock hard, muscle like I do regularly...CDS...knows...

TX04WhiteL

Established Member
There are some hemp, and vegetable protein blend protein over on bodybuilding.com

Or check out True Nutrition - The Highest Quality Supplements and Protein at the Lowest Prices and make your own protein powder with exactly you want.

I don't and never have figured out what the health benefits from vegetarian diets are? I know people like them because eating animals is against their morals (they consider them people also/ equal beings), but nutritionally, what is wrong with eating low fat, low carb high protein diet? Don't get me wrong, I don't eat much pork (not for religious purposes, they are just nasty animals) and limit beef, but there are some really good high protein low fat meats I'd eat if that was my goal, such as chicken, tuna, etc... To each his own I guess

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Uh no. You think all this processed shit is better for you than fresh [red]meat[/red] and vegetables they had back then. It's modern medicine that keeps people alive today, not rabbit food.

Here's a fact. The Native Americans, for hundred years, ate Buffalo as they're primary source of meat and food in general. As a result, they were insanely healthy and the number one killer was mouth related diseases.

That's the big thing, avoiding processed foods.

That's the big thing, avoiding processed foods.

SID believe it or not...I am the type that will avoid processed foods...but man that is not easy to do in this day an age unless you are preparing all your meals yourself.

And that isn't always practical. I'm not sure if their locations are on in your area...BUT I will say if you have a Muscle Maker Grill in your area...you are guaranteed non processed food from there. The owner is one of my 2 best friends and they pride themselves on giving the public legitimate 'non processed food.' And it is a challenge my friend. But something good from Jerzey is making its way west...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Fish is my exception, I am vegetarian by proxy, All the animals I eat are vegetarians except fish.

Fish is my exception, I am vegetarian by proxy, All the animals I eat are vegetarians except fish.

I believe it. Looking at your previous pics which you posted on this site..you look like you are 5'5 and weigh about 150lbs and are a prime candidate for hair club for mens...and might even have a tape worm feasting from every calorie you take in. You are actually a great candidate or poster child to dissuade people from going the vegetarian route. Sorry don't like to lie you know.

Filthy1

My cars are slow
Established Member
33216226.jpg

hb712

Established Member
I believe it. Looking at your previous pics which you posted on this site..you look like you are 5'5 and weigh about 150lbs and are a prime candidate for hair club for mens...and might even have a tape worm feasting from every calorie you take in. You are actually a great candidate or poster child to dissuade people from going the vegetarian route. Sorry don't like to lie you know.

5'5", 150 lbs, and likely in better shape than just about anyone on this board.

The human body was not designed to be vegetarian, therefore I will not become one. The key is to cut out processed foods and to eat a balanced diet. I'll never understand all of these diets (i.e., vegetarian, paleo, etc...). Why must people cut out entire food groups rather than just clean up what they eat?

Last edited:
5'5", 150 lbs, and likely in better shape than just about anyone on this board.

The human body was not designed to be vegetarian, therefore I will not become one. The key is to cut out processed foods and to eat a balanced diet. I'll never understand all of these diets (i.e., vegetarian, paleo, etc...). Why must people cut out entire food groups rather than just clean up what they eat?

I'm with you. You have no disagreement HERE.

Adiabatik

Banned
Being a vegetarian is unhealthy, PERIOD. Human beings are NOT herbavores. You lost 15lbs in 1 months, congrats. Now go and have a full blood panel done and see what the damage is.

I've lost 15+lbs before and I am a "meatatarian". It's nothing special.

Last edited:
Being a vegetarian is unhealthy, PERIOD. Human beings are NOT herbavores. You lost 15lbs in 1 months, congrats. Now go and have a full blood panel done and see what the damage is.

I've lost 15+lbs before and I am a "meatatarian". It's nothing special.

I'm actually willing to bet that you might look emaciated and might even have shrunken reproductive organs...lol

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

The hate is strong in this one! :read:

Insulting outside of SD?

Last edited by a moderator:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
So I have recently become a Vegetarian. About 1 month now and I have lost about 15lbs.

Reason for become Vegetarian is because diabetes is very common in my family and my eating habits were getting carried away.

Good job on the weight loss. But meat wasn't the problem, the amount of food you were eating was the problem. Meat has nothing to do with diabetes.

Users who are viewing this thread