any turbo guys spraying {n.o.s or meth}

76mmsaleen

Established Member
if so what kit and how much ? is it worth it ? i have been thinking of spraying to hit my 1000 rwh goal throuht a 4r70w auto tranny..

TRBO VNM

I will be running nitrous. My kit is pieced together. It is installed just need to be tuned. It is a dry kit

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I have a T76 Cobra, working on getting it back on the road now. I also have a nitrous kit but I won't start spraying until I lose my first race or want to go deep into the 9's...

76mmsaleen

Established Member
I have a T76 Cobra, working on getting it back on the road now. I also have a nitrous kit but I won't start spraying until I lose my first race or want to go deep into the 9's...

what kit do you have and how much do you spray...i was wondering how much spray is safe ? i'll be running 30 psi...i mainly wanted something to keep the motor cool under alot of boost.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
what kit do you have and how much do you spray...i was wondering how much spray is safe ? i'll be running 30 psi...i mainly wanted something to keep the motor cool under alot of boost.

I have the nitrous express dual stage kit wet with 2 10lb bottles and every accessory. But that's overkill since I have a return style fuel system I will probably only use one bottle as a dry setup, and run 50-150 shot.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
I run a dry kit, pre maf, and it works great. Nitrous and meth go very well together, BTW.

Nitrous is two fold on a turbo car... You have the cooling effect, and much more exhaust energy to drive the turbine. If you want instant, and I mean instant boost, spray it.

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
I run a dry kit, pre maf, and it works great. Nitrous and meth go very well together, BTW.

Nitrous is two fold on a turbo car... You have the cooling effect, and much more exhaust energy to drive the turbine. If you want instant, and I mean instant boost, spray it.

I left my nitrous on my car and am going to run it pre-MAF also. May I ask how big a shot you are running? Thanks, Jay

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
I have the ZEX Boost Reference Nitrous Wet Kit through a 4150 direct intake plate that sits between my HPP Upper and Edelbrock Lower. It spray until it sees 10psi 2-4 gears and then shuts off. I like it....helps with the lag down low.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
I'm spraying a "70-75" right now, and ran a bottle with the "50" pill. The dry kit pre maf works great as is, but I'm afriad to see how far I can take it, as in larger jets. It pulled pretty strong on 12psi and a 50, but It's pretty violent on the 70ish jet, and 15psi. To put this into perspective, the car made 700ftlbs on 20psi, boost only, and I'm sure you know what Nitrous does to that figure...

Like I mentioned, the nitrous is two fold on a turbo car. Eaton cars respond well to nitrous as it helps with their high intake charge temps, from over pullied setups, coupled with an inefficient charge cooling system. On a turbo car, not only does it drastically lower the incoming air charge, it produces more exhaust energy once burned, which works like magic in making that turbine wheel do it's thing. Usually a small small shot will work wonders ( 35 or so).

mush4u

Established Member
I KNOW THIS IS OLD BUT I SPRAY A 175 SHOT TILL 10PSI WITH A ZEX WET KIT. NO ISSUES EXCEPT KEEPING HANDS ON THE WHEEL LOL. I HAVE NO 2STEP SO I USE NITROUS INSTEAD FOR OUT OF THE HOLE. ONLY USES IT FOR ABOUT 30'. HERE IS A PIC.
DSC01231.jpg

mush4u

Established Member

Lol thanks..... Acually car made it to the 5.0 mustang mag/ nitto king of the streets this year. Be nice to win but I doubt it. I did make 983@29psi on dyno run there. Only motor part ever off was valve cover. Bone stock block n heads. Winner will be released in may issue. Thanks again

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
that thing is nasty! stock motor! with 175 shot an TT kit, wow.. thats insane man.. badass setup..

i will spraying a 50 dry down low with a edelbrock dry kit, everything is hidden in the wheel well, ill be using a window switch to spray roughly 2-3500rpm (or 10-12 psi)..

mush4u

Established Member
that thing is nasty! stock motor! with 175 shot an TT kit, wow.. thats insane man.. badass setup..

i will spraying a 50 dry down low with a edelbrock dry kit, everything is hidden in the wheel well, ill be using a window switch to spray roughly 2-3500rpm (or 10-12 psi)..
Sweet.........................yea i need alot cause car weight with me in it is 3990 lol. kinda changing over this spring. gonna upgrade turbos and pistons or might even go with a F2 Procharger. not sure yet. Im sure you know how it goes. whats to do next without breaking the pocket book lol. thanks again

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
spraying pre-MAF on a turbo car is a recipe for disaster

I would disagree..... especially on a draw through setup, it will be have the same as if the car was N/A, as far as the nitrous is concerned. Not sure how it would behave as a blow through setup with the temperature/density changes, but I'm sure it could be tuned reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread